♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - E I G H T ♚

__________
"Anyone who tells you the fairytale isn't realjust hasn't found it yet, or they settled for less. But that's their story, notyours. Let yourself believe in your fairytale." - Butterflies Rising
__________

The only light that reached into the Addams' attic was that of the full moon, casting a light blue glow on the stacks of cardboard boxes and metal shelving units.

            One by one the twins, Bailey, Robin, Felicity, and Anthony stumbled out of the mirror and onto the dusty floorboards. Carolyn blindly walked to the attic door and flipped the cream-colored light switch, blanketing them in a dim, artificial golden light.

            "Everyone good?" Carolyn asked, throwing her cloak on top of a plastic beach chair.

            Robin, Felicity, and Anthony looked around the room in awe, eyeing every piece of old furniture and electronic that was strewn around the garret.

            Aura and Carolyn led the other four down from the third floor to the first, their boots' clobbering muffled by the carpeted stairs.

            Silvia sat at the kitchen table, furiously trying to distract herself in her paperwork. She perked up at the new footsteps and soft creak of the stairs, her efforts of diversion quickly proving fruitless. The very same papers fell to the floor as she ran to Anthony and Felicity. Her amethyst eyes filled with tears as the three of them embraced after what seemed like a lifetime.

            "Thank you, for everything," Felicity whispered as she pulled away.

            "I'll leave you all to catch up, I'm sure my mum needs me back at home. I'll see yous tomorrow okay?" Bailey said, leaning down to grab her backpack. She gave the twins and Robin a hug before heading out to her car.

            Silvia was quick to start preparing was she deemed to be a special meal, raiding the refrigerator and placing almost all of her pots and pans onto the stove.

            Felicity and Anthony walked back upstairs in an attempt to follow Silvia's directions to the house's guestroom. On their way, they passed the twins' bedroom which instantly caught their attention. They stepped through the doorway and smiled at the quaintness of it.

            Photos of the twins throughout their childhood were pinned on a corkboard above the white vanity that was placed next to the door. Each of their beds were pushed against opposite walls and had covers that matched their individual style but were both laden with blankets and pillows. A bay window sat between the two beds with a built-in bookshelf underneath the seat. Trophies and memorabilia from their childhood littered the cubbies and any surface area around the room.

            A lump formed in Felicity's throat as she picked up a photo frame from Carolyn's nightstand of Silvia with the twins at a childhood recital, the girls decked out in sparkly pink tutus and their hair in tight buns.

            Aura and Carolyn walked into their room, ready to change into fresh pajamas, but stopped when they saw their parents.

            "God this is so weird," Carolyn muttered, her hand pulling down the right side of her face.

            Anthony sighed, his arm wrapping around Felicity's waist. "I understand how strange this must be for you, believe me." His crystal blue eyes continued to scan every single photo and trinket in sight in an attempt to take everything in.

            Aura tugged at her ear. "It's just that—we don't really know you, let alone feel towards you." She quickly added when she saw her parents' faces drop, "Not that we're not happy to finally have you in our lives!"