Red Tornado Wannabee

STAR CITY

July 17th, 23:18 PDT

The boys were with Speedy trying to convince him to go the team, while Marie was going to find Nightingale to see if she wanted to join. The twelve-year-old flew into the Star City library through the second-story window. The sandy blonde girl looked around the dusty old building with her grey eyes, scanning the bookshelves, looking for her older friend.

"Boo!" Someone whispered harshly from behind her, shaking Marie's shoulders, Marie jumped a little bit as she quickly turned around to see Annabelle Lance, the niece of Dinah Lance, the Black Canary.

"Holy--, Gale." Marie placed her hand over her heart. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Please, you're a superhero. You can handle a little scare." Anna smiled at the younger sidekick. The sixteen-year-old lean onto the shelf, crossing her arms. "Now get on with what you're here for and we can both move on with our lives."

"So the boys and I, Aqualad, KF, and Rob have founded a team."

"No, the League placed you all on the team." Anna quickly corrects, with a nod. "Sorry, continue."

"No, we founded the team-"

"The League gave you, your headquarter, they give you your missions, if you ever get one. They give you your training, and they live in your headquarters." Anna lists off, not even looking at Marie. "But yes, you founded the team with the boys."

"Yes, they do all that but if they didn't we still of done--"

"Done, what? Marie, you four are still kids. You live with Green Lantern, he's your legal guardian. He could ground not allowing you to even leave the house. Same with Rob. Aquaman is Aqualad's literal King. Aquaman could do some kingly thing to keep Aqualad from being on the team. And Flash is Wally's uncle... there's no way you four would have been able to found a team without the League. And even without all that working against you, they're the freaking Justice League. They can easily stop you with just Superman." Anna tells her friend. "I love you kid, but you need to see things for what they are. That team isn't yours, it's the League's. You guys got played, they're just holding you off. And even after what I told you. I would still like to join the team, but I'm sorry I just can't and it's not because I don't want to do. I just told you I did, despite all its flaws. But I'm under a lot of stress at the moment with school and everything, and I don't have time to play the Justice League's games."

Marie looks down at her feet sadly, "I understand," She looks up at her friend with a smile. "Just wanted to even out the ratio, it's currently boys to girls, 4 to 2."

"Hey, if things lighten up with school. I'll totally join and there's little to no chance the boys are going to get Roy to join. He's done with the League, with GA and sometimes even me." Anna pushes herself off the shelf and places her hand on Marie's shoulder gently. "But once everything is squared away. I'm so ready to be used by the league to do their dirty work."