Extinguished?

Mount Justice

September 22; 18:44 EDT

Spirit was at the cave after school, after getting detention with Jessica for two weeks after they decided to put topsoil in Fiona's locker to get back at her when she picked on Suzie Carpenter last week. Jessica took a lot of convincing to join in the little prank she had planned, but the two girls had no regrets.

Spirit flew into the mission room once Red Tornado had left the cave, "Hey Kaldur! What's up."

"Marie, how was school." Aqualad greets the youngest member of the team.

"It was great!" Spirit smiled, before taking off down the hall to where the rest of the team was. Aqualad with the shake of his head follows the young teen.

Spirit lands right next to Sphere with a smile, as Kid Flash works on the now newly named Connor Kent's bike, as Superboy and Miss Martian just stand there watching him.

"What's going on?" Spirit questions the three older heroes, as she looks at what they were doing.

"Helping them fix Superboy's bike since they need the Wallman's help." Kid Flash tells her, he then turns to Miss Martian and Superboy. "Torque Wrench." Miss Martian then levitates the tool to Kid Flash. " Thank you, Green Cheeks."

"I have been meaning to ask. Any juggling schoolwork with your responsibilities here?" Aqualad asks the present team members.

"No." Superboy answers bluntly.

"Juggling's just one of my many talents." Kid Flash shamelessly brags. "Socket wrench."

"Daily cheerleading practice has presented a challenge." Miss Martian passes Kid Flash the socket wrench. "Oh, but my first loyalty is always to the team. This team, not the Bumblebees."

"School's a pain. I don't see the point in it. But I have no problems right now." Spirit answers. "Oh I started a gardening club, but I'm the president and founder of the club so there's no worry about the meeting conflicting. We also have only three members, me, my friend Jessica and Mass the plant."

"Artemis starts school today," Aqualad states, choosing not to comment on anything that Spirit had said. "Do you think she will have trouble maintaining her loyalties?"

"Ha, why you phase it like that." Spirit laughed, "Also Robin started today as well."

"Nah, she'll manage alright." Kid Flash said, "I mean, how much more hostile and annoying--"

Before Kid Flash could finish what he was going to say, there was an explosion that cut him off and threw them all across the room. As they all recover from the blow, tons of water are thrown onto them.

Spirit tries to fly away from the water being piled onto the team but she just gets in the clear, more water tumbles onto of her forcing underwater, her back hits the concrete of the loading bay knocking her unconscious.

Spirit woke up several moments later when she opened her eyes, she instantly noticed, that she, Kid Flash, and Superboy were encased in this weird grey metal stuff, and Miss Martian and Aqualad were nowhere to be found.

"Wha- what's going on?" Spirit questioned.

"We're being held hostage, by two Red Tornado imposters." Kid Flash told her.

"Why does everyone lack originality?" Spirit questions.

"Attention, Robin. Attention, Artemis." A Red Tornado sounding voice came through the PA system. "You have exactly ten minutes to surrender or the lives of your teammate will be extinguished."