Let the Hunger Games begin.

Author's note- I know I usually put these at the end but I just want to remind everyone that I love you guys, and I want to stay safe in this rough time in the world! I'm saying for no reason, I felt like I needed to say it! But anyway! I hope you all like the chapter! <3 

WATCHTOWER

November 25; 06:54 EST

Hal Jordan was at the Watchtower, grudgingly, as he had to be at a dinner with Marie and her friend's family later that day. But he had League stuff to do, of course, Marie was fine with the whole thing as she had never really celebrated the holiday in her own universe, but he wanted to be there with her on Thanksgiving, unlike the last two times when he was on Oa. But he was on Earth and thought he could finally spend the holiday with her, but of course not because the League needed him this year.

Hal was talking to the other Green Lantern on the Justice League John Stewart when Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman entered the room.

"Our agenda is clear." Aquaman began to speak. "What's at stake should not be underestimated."

"The decision we make today will reverberate for years to come," Superman said.

"And influence whether or not the world continues to put their trust in the Justice League." Wonder Woman adds 

"Please take your seats," Batman tells them. " We have work to do."

"Another expansion of the League could generate another escalation of hostilities from our enemies." Martain Manhunter told them once everyone was seated. "No one needs or wants another Injustice League."

"Point taken but the option remains to vote no on all candidates," Superman said. "So... I nominate Icon for League membership." An image of the hero appears in the center of the table.

"Why, cause you suspect Icon might be Kryptonian like you did with Captian Marvel?" Green Arrow questioned him.

"You thought I was Kryptonian?" Captain Marvel repeated with a cheesy smile. "Cool!"

"Icon interest me also." Wonder Woman tells Superman. "As does his protege, Rocket. Athena knows the League could use more female members."

"Agreed." Black Canary said.

"Here, here." HawkWoman agrees as well.

COAST CITY

November 25; 9:04 PST

"Where's your father?" Mrs. Cruz asked Marie as they walked around the store. Marie, Carol, and Hal had been invited to the Cruz's for Thanksgiving this year, and Marie had tagged along with Jessica and her mother to get a couple of last-minute ingredients for the dinner later tonight. "I didn't see or hear him with I went to get you."

"He's at a meeting for work, they have decisions to make for the future of the company," Marie told her with a smile.

"Marie's dad is a test pilot for Ferries Air, he gets to fly fighter jets and airplanes," Jessica told her mom. "Don't you think that so cool!"

"Yeah super cool." Mrs. Cruz agrees with the thirteen-year-old. "And Marie, your dad just leaves by yourself? And doesn't question who you're with?"

"Mom," Jessica warned her mother.

"I'm sorry, it just seems strange to me that you two are best friends and we've never met Mr. Jordan and you're always with us. If I was allowing my daughter to be with another family I would like to know who she's spending all their time with." Mrs. Cruz tells Marie and Jessica.