Day 14- Martha Wayne

Marinette's POV

I'm currently sitting on the private jet chatting with Luka, Chloe and Kagami. I think back to the events that lead to me sitting on the plane.

- flashback  -

"Hello??" I said confused on who was calling me in the middle of the night.

"Martha" the person on the other end says. I know who that is.

"Dad"

"Martha I was so worried something had happened to you and your mom why isn't she picking up the phone" he asks.

"Dad mom died" I say quietly sobbing.

"Honey I'm so sorry, where are you staying? What happened?"

"I'm staying with my best friend Chloe and she committed suicide along with my step dad" I say curling myself into a ball.

"Why did she do it" he asks.

"Still the detective I see" I say letting out a soft giggle.

"Martha..."

"Okay let's get this over and done with" I say sighing "well it all started with one girl..." I say starting my explanation.

"So let me get this straight" he says "a lier came into your class spreading lies to everyone"

"Yes"

"You being you detective self was able to see through them"

"Yep"

"She saw you as a threat and threatened you"

"Yep"

"You refused to give in thinking that your friends and family would stick by you"

"Yep"

"She turns almost all of Paris against you"

"Yep"

"The only people who stood by you were Chloe, Kagami, Luka, Jagged, Penny and Clara"

"Yep"

"You not only got harnessed by one of Parises superheroes, you also lost your parents due to this lier"

"Yep"

"They destroyed your website, your work and many more things including bullying you daily"

"Yep pretty much"

"Anything else" he asks.

"Yes but I rather tell you in person"

"Okay then it's about time you came back, I'm going to arrange everything"he says hanging up.

.....

"Class we have been sponsored by Bruce Wayne and are going to Gotham" Miss Bustier says entering the class.

"You can thank my Damiboo" Lila says spinning another web of lies.

.....

"Miss Marinette stole my ticket" Lila says crying.

"I don't have a ticket idiot me and my friends are taking a private jet" I say walking away.

- flashback end -

The plane soon landed. I got out and went to get my luggage. I look around the airport to see my dad and his, wow they are a lot of them, family.

He immediately spots me and rubs his neck sheepishly. I stare at him bewildered. 'serial adopter' was the first thing that came into mind. Jason is confused by his actions and follows his gaze.