VIII - The Twins Must Like Us a Lot

It was finally time for dinner after the long day. Oliver and I shared our way to the Great Hall together. We opened the door to see the usual crowd of people sitting by the tables.

''Do you want to join me this time?'' Oliver asked as I walked past the Gryffindor table. I glanced over at Elsie who was sitting with Lucian, both talking among themselves.

''Yeah, why not?'' I replied.

''Is there something happening between those two?'' Oliver asked, pointing his head at Elsie and Lucian. I looked over to see them both giggling and playing with their food.

''Somehow I had never seen something happening between them, but I'm glad if it is,'' I said and looked back at Oliver, who had already started eating.

I didn't mind sitting at the Gryffindor table, except it was a lot louder. The Slytherin table was a lot more reserved because we didn't like to show our energy to others, we rather kept it to a small group. That's why most people thought that we were cold-hearted and rude. Truth be told, none of us liked being alone, we were usually just left alone.

''What are you doing after dinner?'' Oliver asked. I finished my bite and looked at him.

''I definitely want to change. I'm not used to wearing a uniform after a summer.'' I replied. I instantly thought of my cozy jumper and jeans, as well as putting my hair in two braids. ''Then I'm free.'' Oliver nodded and smiled.

''All right, then let's take a walk,'' he replied.

After a few minutes, the Weasley twins joined our table. They instantly noticed me sitting next to Oliver.

''Hello, Foster!'' George said and smirked. He sat down across the table and Fred joined him.

''I see you've finally done the right thing,'' Fred said and chuckled. He then took a massive bite out a chicken wing.

''Oh, give me a break you two.'' Oliver snapped. Even though he tried to act cool, I could see him blushing.

''We're definitely proud of you...'' George said. ''Sher must be too.'' Fred added and looked at me. I started blushing as well.

''Oh, look Fred. We've made them both feel uncomfortable. Sorry, you two.'' George said in his regular teasing tone.

''Yeah, it's just that... the news have traveled across the halls already.'' Fred said and lowered his voice.

''News?'' Oliver and I asked at the same time, then glanced at each other.

''Of course!'' George smirked. ''You two are going out. Bet that'll upset Flint, won't it?''

''How does everyone know? This school is just...'' Oliver said and looked down at his plate again, blushing even more. I thought it was very adorable when he blushed. It was a lot different than the usual self he showed at the Quidditch Pitch.

I finished my meal, just as usual, first and stood up.

''It's only 7:38 right now. I'll go change and then come back at 8, all right?'' I said and Oliver nodded. I turned my back and started walking but Fred of course had something to add.

''Just don't bring a jacket so he'd have to give his to you!'' Fred shouted across the hall. I turned my head to see Oliver embarrassed and both of the Weasley twins laughing to themselves. I couldn't help but push a wide smile as well.

I left the Hall and started walking towards the Dungeons, but of course I was alone for just a moment.

''I see you've finished dinner even faster than regular.'' a familiar voice said. It was Elsie with a sneaky grin on her face.

''Yeah?'' I took a step towards her. ''You better start explaining what's happening between you and Lucian.'' I replied as we walked into the Dungeons. I knew that this talk would be much more interesting than last night's.