XXI - A True Slytherin

I sprinted down the staircase, into the lonely dungeons and straight into the Girls' dormitory, ignoring absolutely every question that flew in my way as soon as I entered the common room

''Was that Sher?'' a voice asked and a voice called behind me but I didn't dare to turn around, no matter who it was.

There were still some girls messing around the dormitory when I entered and went straight to my bed. I took off and threw away the leather jacket, removed every accessory I had. My stylish boots were no exception. Having ruined my look that so many girls worked patiently off, I turned around to see them looking at me with very different expressions.

''Sher?'' Nora stood with wide eyes and open mouth. Next to her was Michelle, who just looked as if she had seen a ghost.

''What the bloody hell happened, Sher? Did he do something?'' Kimberly asked, seeing that no one else could.

Wiping my tears away but still breathing nervously, I managed to throw some words out.

''We went to Hogsmeade-- and he drank...'' I began. ''everything was fine but he got too drunk!''

''I hope he didn't lay a FINGER on you, Sher!'' Elsie said with absolute fire in her eyes. I nodded hesitatingly.

''This is... madness! That idiot!'' Nora agreed and hugged me.

After several minutes of Elsie, Nora, Michelle, and Kimberly calming me down, I was able to breathe again. But the feelings weren't going away so easily. I couldn't believe Oliver could do such a thing... to me.

''I just... I know that he was drunk and would have never done anything like that but... something tells me otherwise.'' I said in a clear voice and the girls turned to me.

''Did he say something?'' Kimberly asked.

''Not him,'' I replied and explained the situation with Leroy Moss.

Everyone listened to me, even girls who weren't in on everything before. Finally, the door to the common room opened and Carmen came inside. She looked at us all for a couple of seconds, shriveled her forehead, and walked in front of me. She faced me and looked at me with her dark brown eyes.

''I really hope you have a dress ready for his funeral,'' Carmen said and smiled so widely, with revenge sparkling deeply in her eyes.

While the rest of the girls went back to their beds or left the dormitory, Carmen and the rest of them were still by my side. One by one they explained everything to her and Carmen listened very carefully.

''All right, Sher. I know, we've been living in the same room for seven years and I've never really had heavy conversations like this with you before... but in times like this we all must understand and appreciate the people given around us. I am sure that you would do the same thing to me so I am going to help you.'' Carmen said and everyone looked at her hopefully. Unlike them, I had a questionable look.

''I don't really want to get him back... I just want to lay back and think.'' I replied, feeling as weak as ever. Whatever pride I had in me had been destroyed. My loyalty in Oliver too.

''No, no, no! I don't want you to get him back!'' Carmen said and sat down next to me. ''I want you to MAKE him want you back. To make him beg for your forgiveness, which I'm pretty sure he will be doing anyway, but...'' Carmen said and took a deep breath. ''even though it was the alcohol or whatever that got into him, he did brag about you to his mates, I'm sure of it.''

''I get your point. What is the plan though?'' Elsie asked and Carmed smirked.

''We are Slytherins for a reason. Flirting, being manipulative, and charming is in our hearts and you're going to prove that to everyone, Sher.'' Carmen replied and turned to me. I shrugged, not really feeling the idea yet.

Even though the idea of revenge sounded brilliant, I felt like Oliver didn't deserve it. I didn't want him to get hurt. Or me. I just wanted us to be happy together.

''Sher, I'm not saying that you can't be together after a while...'' Carmen said and I nodded. ''I know how you feel about him and I could sense how happy you were when I first saw you getting ready for the date. I know that Oliver is a lovely person but he made a mistake and he has to pay for it.''

Michelle, Elsie, Kimberly, and Nora all agreed and I was slowly beginning to get convinced as well. Maybe it was Carmen's charm that was working on me or the fact that the first thought in my head was to repay Oliver.

''So, Sher, what do you think?'' Nora asked, waiting for my response.

''It won't be easy, you know, faking your confidence and walking bright like a midnight star...'' Carmen said. ''but I want you to do it not just for yourself but for every girl that has ever felt like this. Everyone who has ever felt betrayed or used. I want you to do something that-- that I couldn't do...''

Carmen finished her sentence with a small tear in her eye but didn't let it run down her face. She finally stood up and turned away for a second. Maybe it was that we shared the same emotions but I knew that she was right.

''I agree-'' I started and stood up. I took a deep breath and wiped off the black mascara under my eyes. I gathered all my past emotions of Oliver and let them go, maybe just for a brief second. ''All these years I never knew what magnificent girls were right next to me. I never had the braveness to ask for help. Now I really need it. Let's show Oliver and every guy that has ever hurt us why Slytherin girls are the best!'' I shrugged and smirked, ''just for fun...''

Elsie ''yessed'' in the air and hugged me tightly. Every girl cheered in the dormitory, having listened to my small speech of empowerment. Finally, Carmen turned around with a tear running down her cheek and smiled. I, of course, didn't know what awaited me but at that moment, when the whole dormitory was screaming, crying, and cheering, none of that bothered me.

Slytherin common room

Every chess game had 'naturally' finished and so had every conversation. All heads had turned to the Girls' dormitory but no one was eavesdropping.

''A party perhaps?'' Miles Bletchley asked.

''Not a chance. I would know about it.'' Lucian replied and smirked. ''I have a slight idea of what it might be.''

''What then?'' Miles asked.

''A revenge plan,'' Lucian answered.