XII - That's Cassius Warrington

''Elsie??'' I almost shouted in terror

''Elsie??'' I almost shouted in terror. Next to her was Lucian Bole, sitting with his arm over Elsie. They both looked disturbed, probably more than us.

''Woah, you guys...'' Oliver said in a shaky voice. Elsie and both Lucian looked embarrassed and had nothing to say.

''Hey, you two...'' Elsie said, smiling lightly. I lit up my wand to see her lip gloss completely smudged. They had been making out. Oliver noticed that too as he gave me a slight smirk.

''You know, you're going to have to explain this later but right now... we just wanted to know the password to the portrait in the Dungeons,'' I said, still with my mind blown.

''Umm, it's ''Green Flash''. Lucian said and took his arm off Elsie. She didn't even react to that. I could feel the awkwardness in the room and decided to leave it there.

''We're just going to leave now, it was... nice... to see you two,'' I said and bit my tongue. I didn't want to make things any worse and have to talk to them more. Oliver quickly thanked Lucian for the password and we left just as quick as we got here, still amused by what we saw.

Only exchanging looks but not words, Oliver and I got out of the secret place. I stood up, quickly fixed my still-damp hair, and looked at him.

''Well, now we know the password,'' I said and sighed. ''Though in this shock, I could forget it at any moment,'' I added and we both laughed nervously.

''I did sort of see that coming, I mean, we both did. There were many signs, but I just didn't see them last year. What do you think changed?'' Oliver asked as we began walking to the portrait.

''Maybe they met over summer? Elsie never mentioned Lucian over summer and didn't talk about it on the first day back...'' I theorized.

''Well exactly! She didn't want to seem suspicious, did she?'' Oliver said and we both agreed on that.

I certainly wasn't mad at any of them, but I had never seen them as a pair, it was sort of weird seeing two of my best friends together like that, especially that last year they were just friends.

''Sher, I'm glad that we spent the evening and night like this together,'' Oliver said and smiled as we stopped by the portrait. There was absolutely no person around, not a teacher, not even a perfect.

''Aww, pretty obvious you'd love to spend time with me...'' I replied and shrugged in a flirty manner. Oliver looked at me with a daring look, but I turned to the portrait.

''Green flash!'' I said and the portrait opened up. I looked back at Oliver, who was standing and looking right back at me. ''Think we should do this again, I know I wouldn't mind,'' I said and smiled. Oliver put his right hand on my shoulder and kissed my forehead. He had never done that before and I could feel myself blushing. My cheeks and ears turned very hot fast, I hoped Oliver couldn't see it.