XVIII - Oliver's Strange Jealousy

The next task simply told us to go to the Herbology classroom

The next task simply told us to go to the Herbology classroom. None of us wanted to spend more time here and wait for the other team to catch us here so we ran, mostly out of breath, to Herbology. As soon as we ran out of the Owlery, we turned left, using a cave to get to class faster.

''Lumos!'' I said, leading the way through the cave. I ran fast but waited for the others to catch up.

''Seems like, ugh--'' Theodore said, ''that this isn't the first time you've ran through these caves at night.'' he said and I laughed.

''I will neither confirm or deny your statement, Theo,'' I said as we made through the caves and started walking down the tower leading to the Quidditch Pitch.

The night was quite starry, a bit chilly and I noticed the bones on my dress glowing again. The darkness from the caves had made them glow again.

''Nice dress. Did you make it yourself!'' Ana complimented me and I nodded. ''very creative. I like it.''

''Why didn't you stay in your costume as well?'' I asked.

''Didn't think twice about removing it actually. I guess I didn't want to be uncomfortable. But then again, fashion is key to me.'' Ana replied and I smiled.

We arrived at the Herbology class in just five minutes.

''This is our second task. Do you think the others have gotten far as well?'' Derek asked.

''Doesn't matter.'' Oliver replied, ''we should concentrate on completing this task now.''

Saying that we were confused was too soft. We were trying to find the smallest clue, any at all to lead us to the challenge.

''There's absolutely nothing here! It was a tricky task!'' Ana said and threw her arms in the air.

''No, there has to be. I know that Fred and George are sneaky but not mean.'' I said and kept looking for something. We kept looking for about ten minutes, according to my watch, when an idea came in my head.

''What if someone already completed the task and just hid the rules?'' I said and everyone looked at me.

''But that's cheating,'' Theodore replied.

''Don't you know who we're playing up against with?'' I replied and subconsciously looked at Oliver.

''Why are you looking at me?'' Oliver asked, giving me a strange look.

''Leroy has cheated in many things in the past, don't deny it,'' I answered his question.

''Yes.'' Oliver replied quickly, ''but I'm not him.''

And so we kept searching for a few minutes until Theodore found a very tiny piece of parchment inside one of the pots on the ground.