XVII - W is for Weasleys and Whiskey

More than a month of school had passed

More than a month of school had passed. Neither of the teachers was giving easy assignments or letting us have a relaxing evening. My situation with Cassius had gotten a bit worse, as he was giving me a cold shoulder. Oliver naturally liked him backing off and giving us more time together, but I was a bit concerned with falling out so fast with him.

Elsie and Lucian spent a lot more time together, they usually ate together, did their homework together, but Elsie never stopped caring about me. That's exactly why I only encouraged them to be in a relationship - I never lost my best friend. She always found time for me.

Things with Oliver were moving quite slowly, with him still being very shy. Only one day, after my once again uncomfortable class of Transfiguration, Oliver asked to speak with me.

''Sher, I have been thinking, quite... non stop.'' he said very quietly and took my hand. ''I would like to go on a date with you.'' he said, waiting for my reply. I gave a soft smile in return. We were both standing in the Transfiguration courtyard, under a massive tree.

''How about we go to Hogsmeade together? Sit somewhere cozy and just... enjoy ourselves.'' Oliver asked, taking my other hand. I smiled wider, even blushing a bit. Us being together never quite got over my head, I still felt tingles every time he took my hand or kissed me.

''That sounds magnificent, Oliver.'' I gave an answer. He sighed in relief and we both started walking to our next class.

This Friday had passed by rapidly and when all of my lessons were over, I joined my friends at dinner in the Great Hall. Just like usual, everyone was buzzing with excitement about going to Hogsmeade tomorrow.

''Sher, you don't seem that thrilled about it,'' Elsie mentioned as I sat down. A few heads turned to hear my answer but I shook my head in denial and told her that I would explain later. Elsie winked back, clearly understanding me. Some girls turned back, not getting their daily gossip, but some stayed quietly listening to me.

''Halloween is coming soon. Any ideas for a party?'' Lucian asked. I noticed a bunch of sixth-year Slytherins discussing a 'small gathering' as they called it. But I remembered how we liked to celebrate things here at Hogwarts, especially Slytherins. Things were never quiet and someone definitely got in trouble.

''Shall we join them?'' Graham suggested, giving a look to the group of Slytherins

''Isn't there going to be a Halloween ceremony in the Great Hall?'' a Slytherin girl asked.

''That's just the formal. Not where the real fun is,'' Lucian replied. ''I think we should really celebrate this year. We won't get another chance.''

''I agree with you, Luci.'' Miles Bletchley, our Slytherin keeper said, tapping Lucian's shoulder from behind. Next to him was Marcus Flint and Peregrine Derrick.

''Does anyone know if Gryffindors are hosting a party?'' Elsie asked and a few people laughed.

''Why would we want to spend time with them?'' a guy instantly snapped back. Lucian gave him a nasty, protective look.

''You guys are acting as if they're not fun to be around,'' Elsie replied. I loved it when she could just stand up for herself and not need absolutely anyone's help at all.

''I think over the seven years that I've been here I know one thing - Gryffindor knows how to throw an unforgettable celebration,'' I added and looked over at their table. Oliver was sitting next to Fred and George Weasley, all deeply talking about something. Over the last years, I had spent Halloween with them and it surely had been brilliant.

''Well, I know you won't be able to remember it if they give you enough firewhisky,'' Peregrine said and some of the guys laughed.

''Don't worry, she won't be able to resist joining them if Oli Wood is there.'' another Slytherin boy imitated my voice and said. I had learned the best way to deal with remarks like these.

''I didn't know you all could tell the future. I sure hope that Trelawney will appreciate your excellent talent.'' I sassed back and left the table, leaving a few shocked faces behind.