XIII - The Unrestrained Skeleton

Was it correct for me to think that he wasn't really at fault? Did  I really doubt every rumor that I heard? At that moment, I truly didn't know what to believe anymore or who Oliver was

Was it correct for me to think that he wasn't really at fault? Did I really doubt every rumor that I heard? At that moment, I truly didn't know what to believe anymore or who Oliver was.

Walking from one class to another tired me out, constantly having to look at Oliver, hoping that he would at least give me a knowing look. I was starting to believe that he was only pretending to like me.

But nonetheless, I had some other things to worry about. One of them being my Halloween costume and its preparation. Somehow I had managed to waste all the time I had to prepare it and leave it all for the last evening. Having some experience and knowledge of sewing and adding decorations to dresses, it didn't take me too long to finish my costume.

''Carmen, are you going to dress up?'' Elsie asked as we entered our dormitory after the long day.

''Of course, couldn't miss out on that. It's my last year. I've got to make an impression, we all do.'' Carmen replied and we all nodded.

Every girl from Slytherin had an outfit in their minds, some didn't want to share but some couldn't wait to tell and show off. There were many vampires, zombies, animals and characters from books I didn't even know about. The Halloween scent was in the air.

October 31st, 1993 ; 8:22pm

Nail polish, hairspray, glitter, different kind of makeup were all scattered over the Girls' dormitory that evening. The Halloween feast would begin in forty minutes, which meant that I had the exact time left to put my outfit on.

''Your makeup looks fantastic, Sher! I'm starting to get the idea of what you're going to be...'' Nora said and I smirked, ''and I love it!''

'' Nora said and I smirked, ''and I love it!''

''Thanks. I'm going to put it on now!'' I replied. I put aside my makeup brush, which I just had used to blend out my skeleton nose contour. I wickedly smiled at myself in the mirror, noticing how I finally felt confident.

I whacked my trunk open and pulled out my dress. It didn't take me even a minute to put it on. I put on my tights and black high heels. Finally, I turned to the mirror and faced the beauty standing in front of me.

There I stood, wearing a vintage lacy, mid-sleeved black dress that ended above my knees. Black tights which had leg bones drawn on them in white paint. My high heels were glowing and made me four and a half inches taller were also decorated with small white stripes. My hair, was beautifully curled and had some silver stripes in them. My face, of course, represented a skeleton. I couldn't look more alluring.

''You look, just wow--'' Elsie started but couldn't finish.

''You look wicked... just so vile, seductive and unholy. Sort of what we didn't have in mind to get revenge on Oliver but this will shock him. I'm positive.'' Carmen said and licked her lips. She looked magnificent as well, wearing absolutely everything in red.

''You look so evil too,'' I said, looking at Carmen in her devil costume. She had perfect red, sparkly lips, elegant but smokey eye makeup, and a quite promiscuous dress. I liked it all a lot. I looked around to see every girl trying their best to make their costume pop.

''Any hair accessories?'' Carmen asked as I viewed myself in the mirror once again. It wasn't cocky of me to do so, at least I thought so.

''Maybe a hairband? I have a lacy one somewhere in my trunk.'' I suggested and she nodded.

As Carmen, some other girls, and I had finished getting ready, we waited for the others. It was so interesting to see how creative everyone was! Nora had dressed up as a mermaid, wearing a sparkly dress that shifted colors. Kimberly, unlike her usual self, was a gory zombie but as she had such an adorable and young-looking face, couldn't look scary. Michelle was dressed up as an evil queen from some muggle book but I wasn't sure what it was called. Elsie was dressed up as a mime. She was wearing a black blouse, a striped skirt and high heeled converse. It wasn't usual for me to see her put so much effort into her looks.

Just before we had to left, we all decided on taking a picture. Naturally we all wanted to be in the picture so Michelle took her camera and opened the door to the Slytherin common room.

''Hey, can a guy help me out here?'' she shouted and two guys instantly popped in front of her. ''I need someone to take a picture of us all.''

''Sure thing. Wow, you look fantastic!'' one of the boys said and Michelle blushed. Just as Michelle ordered us, we all entered the common room and all eyes were on us. Even though I had known most of these guys for seven years, it felt like I saw them again for the first time. It felt like I saw Cassius for the first time as well but with different eyes.

                    Not having this chance to fly by, I smiled in a flirtatious way towards  him

Not having this chance to fly by, I smiled in a flirtatious way towards him. I didn't think about our past or how things were between us. Then I saw a smile in return. I couldn't help but feel joyful again.