Why?

Featuring Samantha's mind's voice in brackets)

"What?!" Samantha exclaimed, mentally cringing. Okay,this was moving all too fast for comfort. First she meets some boy at a place virtually no one but her knows about. Next, the strange dude starts causing a mental battle within her and now he would be LIVING with her??
"Why so surprised,dear, something the matter?" Her father asked all concerned. She struggled to compose her face but she couldn't keep the trembling from her voice "oh,nothing....just so excited. Been a while since I've had youthful company around here, dad. It's always you and the workers. Borringgg" . Slowly but steadily,her composure returned and she ended her answer on a cheerful note. Her father sighed then turned to Mr Carmichael "Tom, is your's the same?". Mr Carmichael (Tom,obviously) chuckled "they couldn't be any more similar...I'm so glad Troy will be out of my hair for a while" he turned to me "my dear,I hope you will indulge us for a while but it will be so much more easier for myself and your father to communicate effectively if we're in the same building,you know. The project will be completed sooner". I nodded "I understand,mr Carmichael, we are more than happy to have you around". "Quite a respectable young lady you have here,kelvin (my dad), such a refreshing difference from Troy here". Troy smirked in that cocky but lovable way I was already used to (wait,lovable? What is happening to me??) "only 'cause you still live in the past, dad. The world is more civilized now...there's no need for prolonged formalities" he concluded and grinned, flashing those dimples in my direction.
"Sammy,why don't you show Troy to the guest lodge. I and Tom here need to get started on work. Be nice" Dad said as he kissed me on the forehead "be nice to him, I know you hate boys" he whispered into my ear. He told Mr Carmichael a quick joke and they both laughed uproariously as they moved to my Dad's hall.

Suddenly, I noticed I was alone with Troy and for some reason I was both nervous and excited (stay calm,body). "So..." he spoke first " gonna ask me to leave again?" . I froze. He laughed "it's cool, you were meant to show me to some lodge,right? Let's get to it". "Right" I mumbled "I should apologize......" "for? Don't sweat it. I shouldn't have been there in the first place. Let's go". I bit my lip "okay,right this way" I started down the hallway. "Nice place you've got here,by the way" "oh thanks" "I heard the best houses in Nigeria are in this estate? Must be real nice to live here" " yes, well...it's a nice place. Davido's house is just around the corner" " Davido?" He repeated "oh,you know....the musician?" I answered. "Oh,oh" he replied. I chuckled. (Maybe boys are not so bad after all)
I decided to keep up with the conversation. "So where do you live in the states?" "Oregon" he replied (so that's why that accent was so different) "oh cool" I said. "Where's your mum" he asked. My face clouded over, my mum was a subject I really didn't like talking about. "My mum has been dead for 5 years now" "Oh..." he said. There was silence as we left the main house and crossed the courtyard. "My mom's dead too. I know how you feel" he said softly. I had never bonded with any other dude like I did with Troy at that moment. I turned back to look him in the face,that was when it happened.
At the instant I turned back, Troy who wasn't looking up as we were walking, walked right into me and then we were falling. Everything was in slow motion. "Oh shit" Troy muttered as he fell right on top of me.
His face was so close to mine. I could feel the warmth of his body. Time seemed to have come to a standstill. He looked at me. His blue eyes seemed to bore into mine. I was transfixed.
My eyes darted to his lips. I didn't know what came over me but I just had to taste those lips. I started moving my face upwards. Slowly, I closed my eyes...........
I opened them and I saw him standing over me smirking "so...you done kissing the air" he asked. I was so embarrassed but I determined not to let him have the last laugh "your breath was so bad I had to screw up my face" he frowned his face. I turned to conceal my grin " let's move on". "Man,your house is big. Is this how all houses are in Nigeria". "Well" I speculated " I guess so. In fact, our house is one of the smallest in the estate". "Is that right?" He continued "so,do you have a boyfriend?". I couldn't speak. I mean it's a normal question right. So why did I feel this way!
What's happening to me!!!!!