Anti-social?

(Samantha's POV)

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked again. "We're here" I replied,conveniently ignoring his question. "This is the guest lodge". "Woah" he whistled "it's like a whole new house on its own. You Nigerians really don't spare any expense,do you?"

He wasn't overstating things. The guest lodge indeed was like another house on its own. We walked around its low fence towards the gate. I greeted Mr Darby, the guard in charge of the guest lodge as he toggled with the buttons and opened the gate for us. I quickly made the introductions. "Troy, this is Mr Darby, Mr Darby is the guard in charge of the lodge you'll be staying for the next month, Mr Darby, this is Troy Carmichael, he and his father will be our guests for a while". "Pleased to meet you" Troy said and stretched his hand for a shake. Mr Darby took it and pumped it "nice to meet you too,Sir". He opened the gate and we went in. "I'll just show him around" I said to Mr Darby as I and Troy walked towards the door of the house.

We walked in and I started showing Troy around the house. We got to the hallway and I pointed his room out to him. "So there's your r...." "Did you not hear my question earlier?" He cut in. "What question?" I feigned ignorance. "I asked you if you had a boyfriend." He said. "Oh that, No,I don't...nor have I ever wanted one". "Ever?" He asked. "Ever" I confirmed "any more questions?" "Just one". " and what's that?" I asked. "Are all Nigerian girls as socially awkward as you are?" He asked,smirking. "What? You take that back" I raked. "why should I?" He answered. "Because I am NOT socially awkward in any way" I snarled.
He chuckled "is that right?" He walked towards the door of the room "prove it". "How?" I asked taking his bait and following him inside the room in one go.
He entered the room,looked around and nodded with satisfaction "this is perfect,I'll have to thank your father later". He sat on one of the comfortable chairs in the room and turned to look at me. I was still standing. He asked me "so why haven't you had a boyfriend?" "Why? Is it a crime?" I chirped "anyways, boys are stupid and I haven't found one who really gets me"
"Wow, I mean you must be 17 or something" "18" I replied through gritted teeth "how old are you" "I'm 18 too..and I've had two girlfriends" "I didn't ask for that particular information" I paused. "Do you have anyone right now" I asked,unable to stop myself. He smirked then frowned so fast I almost didn't catch the smirk. He took a while then sighed "it's complicated".

I stood up and walked to the window then turned to look at him. "You'll be fine". He smiled-a real smile,dimples and all. "I know....in the meantime I'll find out why you're really so averse to having a boyfriend"
I chuckled "I should go. Try to get acquainted with your home for the next month". "Thanks" he said as I walked out of the room.
'Is this maybe what it means to like someone?' I thought as I left the lodge.

******
(Troy's POV)

I stared after her as she left the room. If all Nigerian girls were as hot as this one then I don't think I'm going home after a month. Diane's face quickly flashed through my mind and I sighed again. It really was complicated.
About a week ago I and Dad flew in to Nigeria under special circumstances- as international flights were still on hold because of the virus. Soon as we landed in Nigeria and I got connected to a WiFi network, I received the videos. It was all over the college site. Diane,my girlfriend, recorded clearly with another dude. I tried calling her immediately I saw the videos, she denied everything. When I sent her the videos I had seen,she blocked me on all our messaging apps.
I just wish I knew where I went wrong. I thought I did everything right. I truly loved Diane,I mean we had been together right from our last year of high school. We got admitted into the same college and we were still together. What was the cause? Why would she do that to me?
Samantha's face flashed across my mind's eye and I again smiled. She was having a lot of effects on me. It was hard to believe I just met her today. I stood up and looked around the room, I crossed the room and opened the window. 'Nigeria sure is beautiful' I thought. I whipped out my phone and again watched the video. My mind was made.
I will spend the next month trying my utmost  to become Samantha's first ever.

(From the author)
Yo...what's good?
Thank you for following Samantha and Troy's story till this point...don't just read; vote,comment and tell your friends
Thankssss