Turning point

The clear blue sky,clear and vast as the surface of the oceans;the golden rays of sunlight, Apollo's arrows shot down to earth. Samantha lay down on the ground, surrounded by flowers of the most colorful petals with such divine fragrances. His face was over hers. Hair as golden as sunlight, eyes so blue she got lost in them. He was whispering something to her. Gently,so gently he whispered "wake up,wake up,Samantha"
           Samantha woke up. She wasn't in a field. She was in a moving vehicle. Someone was holding her hand. She looked to the side. It was Troy. "She's awake" someone else pronounced. She turned. It was one of the emergency workers. "Hey" Troy said, smiling weakly. Samantha sat up. "How are you feeling, miss?" The worker asked as she started checking Samantha's pulse. "I'm fine,thank you". The worker flashed a little flashlight at Samantha's eye. "Okay, you seem good to go. Just take it easy for a while" she finished. "Thanks" Troy said. Samantha tried recollecting her thoughts  "Dad" she said "where's dad?" "He was already taken ahead to the hospital" Troy answered. "That's where we're headed, my dad went along with him" "is he....?" "He's going to be fine, Samantha" he squeezed her hand "he will"
       The vehicle stopped moving and the worker opened the back door of the van and they got out. "Just go in and give your name to whoever's at the reception". She said. They left the van and entered the hospital. Troy was still holding her hand as they made for the reception desk. "How can I help you?" One of the nurses at the desk attended to them. "Please, we're here for Mr Coker, he was just rushed in" Samantha answered. "Then he'll be in the emergency Unit, that's the third floor" the nurse directed. Samantha and Troy followed the nurse's instruction. They got to the third floor and walked towards the emergency unit. As they got to the hallway leading to the emergency ward they saw Mr Carmichael, he was still in his lab coats. "Mr. Carmichael" "Dad" they called at the same time. Mr Carmichael stood up. "Kids" he answered. "How's my dad?" Samantha asked. "I don't know,the doctor hasn't come out since he went in and they won't let me in" he paused "I think we should wait a little" Samantha and Troy say down.

(Troy's POV)
I sat down and Samantha did too. She removed her hand from my hold and folded her hands. I could tell that she was shaken. I remembered how Mr Coker looked when we had rescued him earlier. He didn't look that great. She had lost her mum already, she had lost her friends, was she about to lose her Dad too. "Is there no one you can call,Samantha, any relative?" My dad asked her. Samantha looked like she was surprised we were still there . "Sorry, Mr Carmichael but what did you say?" "I asked if there was anyone you'd like to inform of the accident, any relative?" "There are some that I should call but I would prefer to do that later, if like to make sure my dad was okay first. That's most important to me" she sat back down. She looked so much in pain that I wanted to reach out and comfort her. The door to the emergency unit opened. The doctor walked out. Samantha rushed for meet him. "How's my dad,doctor?" "would that be Mr Coker? He's in the clear. A fracture below the knee but that is all. He avoided serious burns and the like but he's still pretty weak. I think it'd be better if you let him rest. You should be able to see him tomorrow morning" the doctor responded  "thank you, doctor." I said as he walked on. "Ah, thank goodness" dad exclaimed. Samantha sat down and started crying. "Shhh" I crooned as I sat beside her "don't cry, he's gonna be okay. It's alright" she leaned her head on my shoulder as I put my arm around her. "It's all going to be fine" I whispered.
"Well, there goes the funding" dad lamented "years of research gone up in flames..... we'll just have to cancel the research" "No, you can't do that" I said "you could save the world with that research, the world needs that cure" "well, we'll have a lot more ground to cover, as it stands".
We sat there for another half hour. Samantha sobbing gently on my shoulder till she fell asleep. My dad loitering and muttering until I said "let's get out of here,find a place to sleep and all that" and so we did.
We found an hotel from directions we were given by the nurse at the reception desk. we got rooms to sleep in (two). I helped Samantha settle in her room. "They have good service here" I said. She didn't say anything for a while. "Thank you for today,Troy. Thank you for saving my dad" she said as she started crying again. I walked up to meet her. "Don't cry" I said and then I cleaned up her tears with my thumb. 'Even when crying she is still beautiful' I thought. She stopped crying and looked up at me. She started leaning towards my face and without thinking I leaned towards her face too. Our faces were getting closer, I could almost taste her lips. Suddenly someone knocked and opened the door. Reflexively, we jumped apart. It was my dad. "How about we go to sleep, Troy and give Samantha some time to rest?" "Huh,okay. Goodnight,Samantha" I said as I walked out.

(Samantha's POV)
The next morning. We were already on our way to the hospital but I couldn't stop thinking of last night. 'That was the second time I initiated a kiss,urghhhhhh' I cringed mentally. 'No time to think about that, have to think about dad instead,I hope he's okay'. We got to the hospital and got to the reception desk. "Mr Coker, ward 56, third floor" the nurse at the reception directed. We got to the door of the ward and I could hear my dad's voice. "She doesn't need to know about this right now,Funke". I opened the door and walked in. There was my dad sitting up on the bed, his left leg in a cast. He already had visitors it seemed. Mrs Olakira and a boy who seemed around my age. "Good morning,princess" my dad said smiling. I went to hug him "you're okay,daddy. You're really okay" I started crying again. "Yes, sorry to make you worry so much" he said. "Tough man you always were,kelvin" mr Carmichael said "good to see you okay" "Thanks,Tom. I hope we didn't have a lot of casualties" "let's discuss that later,kelvin, you just concentrate on getting better first"
"Samantha, my dear, we were just talking about you" Mrs Olakira cut into the exchanges. "Please,Funke, not now" dad said. Mrs Olakira was the wife of my dad's late friend. He and my dad were close friends. Mr Olakira died some years back. Whenever he visited while he was alive, he'd always have a treat for me. So we were also fairly close to his wife too. I wonder why my dad was acting all weird. "Good morning,ma" I greeted. "Morning,dear. Have you met my son, Akin, before?" She gestures towards the boy I had noticed earlier. Looking at him more closely now. He looked a lot like Mr Olakira had looked when he was alive. He also looked quite sheepish and slightly put out. "No, not really" I said. "Funke,please not now" dad said again. 'Okay, this is getting weird' I thought. "Something wrong?" I asked. "No such thing, my dear" Mrs Olakira continued sweetly. "My son, Akin, is going the one you are going to marry."

*********
Thank you for keeping up with the story. Please share and don't forget to vote and comment.