Truce

"Ahemm? Earth to the lovebirds!"

Samantha and Troy hadn't yet realized they were still in each other's arms. They bounced away from each other. Akin snorted. He was still  standing in the door way,munching his chips. A cheeky smirk on his face. He looked like the boy who met Santa on Christmas.

"Yeah,sure. Very mature,that. Olympic gold champions,the both of you. Very convincing" Akin throttled, he barely managed to keep the laughter out of his voice. "I'm coming in".

Troy wasn't really bothered by the intrusion, they weren't really doing anything wrong but then he really didn't know what was considered 'wrong' in this parts. Oh man.

Samantha, on the other hand, didn't really know how she felt, had he been standing there all along? Did he hear all they said? She stared at him as he in turn watched them. He facepalmed.

"You know this was bound to happen at some point right? You knew we'd still have to sort whatever it is our parents have planned out for the both of us, didn't you? And you know it's simple manners to respond when you're being spoken to, right? Drat, my bag of chips just got emptied. Oh, well.

Akin walked around the room, apparently unaffected by the less than welcome reaction. He actually walked up to Troy, took his hand and pumped it.

"What's up, bro? What's your name? We haven't been properly introduced." He said

"Uh,yeah" Troy replied with little enthusiasm "I'm Troy, thank you for having us."

"No problem, no problem at all" Akin replies happily, still pumping away. "Are you her boyfriend or something?"

"Well..."
"He's not my....."

Troy and Samantha spoke in unison, then stopped abruptly and looked at each other. Akin stopped shaking Troy's hands and decided to tone it down a little. He had thought giving an impression of a real smooth operator, your typical James Bond, would get them to drop the airs but that hadn't gone according to plan at all. He turned and started to leave the room.

"Sorry to disturb the both of you. It was nice to meet you,Troy"  he waved over his head.

"Wait!" Samantha said "you came here to tell us something,right?"

"Yeah, I did.

"Then tell us"

"Well..since you put it that way" Akin walked back to the chair "Do you know why exactly our parents wants us to marry?"

"Isn't it because my Dad promised your Dad as his parting gift or something?" Samantha replied.

"Ha ha. Wrong!" Akin was clearly enjoying the advantage he had "don't you think such a reason would need to be interwoven with other delicate intricacies before it could be truly grounded?" Akin took a dramatic air at this point "Sit, little girl and I'll tell you tales of old. Troy, this is also your first time in Nigeria, is it not? Troy nodded "Then, you listen too. Servants! Bring more chips. Chop chop."

******

"So,what you're saying is" Troy said as he munched on chips. " Samantha has to marry you because she's from the family of the first man to ever walk the earth and you're the the descendant of the goddess of the earth, the Oknee-something."

"The Oònìlè, yep. More chips,please" Akin answered as he emptied his current bag.

"And if you both don't marry each other, bad stuff will happen to both families?" Troy asked again

"Real bad stuff, yeah. Man, this nacho cheese flavor is good"  Akin again replied.

Samantha didn't say anything. She listened to the story but she couldn't believe it. It was obviously a prank Akin pulled off for a good laugh. It couldn't be true. Her father was a contemporary scientist for crying out loud. He didn't believe in such things. Those kind of stuff didn't happen in real life. She knew. If it was true he'd have told her.

Akin stood and dusted the crumbs of his clothes.
"Man, we sure went through a lot of chips" he smiled "Samantha, if you don't believe me you could always go ask your father."

He walked towards the door then turned again.
"Troy, come check out my PlayStation set"

Troy looked at Samantha briefly then.....
"Sure. Let's go"

********

As Akin and Troy walked towards Akin's room..
"You know she likes you,right?"

********
Thank you for keeping on with the story but I'll digress a bit on my author's bit today...the situation in Nigeria isn't really palatable. Try to stay safe,please. We stand against police brutality and subjugation. #Endpolicebrutality
Stay tuned for the next chapter. Thanksss