Part seven- flight booking

about 2 days had passed and myself and chris still hadn't spoken,i wanted to talk to him but what do I even say?after what happened when I told him about New York? I felt so bad it hurt.

I sat at the table and tucked into a bowl of cereal when there was a knock at the door. I went to see who it was and to my surprise yet relief it was Chris. He grabbed my waist and hugged me tighter than ever before.

"I'm so sorry." he cried out. "for being so horrible,I've thought about it and i can understand you wanting to get away from here."

"So what your okay with the idea?" I asked.

"No im not okay with the idea,my girlfriend wants to move to New York for how ever long but if it makes you happy then I'll just have to put my feelings aside for your benefit." He gave a weak smile.

"It won't be forever you know." I looked at chris.

"How long then?a week?a month?" He asked.

"I was thinking a month or two,i just need to clear my head." I answered.

"When are you planning on going?"

"As soon as possible really,i was thinking Friday." I replied,chris looked at me and then to the ground. It was pretty clear this was breaking him but I knew this trip had to happen,for me.

"Well then you better book a flight if your planning on jetting of in two days." Chris' eyes remained locked on the floor.

"yeah,your right." I replied. There was an evident atmosphere in the room that you could cut with a knife. I hate being on bad terms with chris but I knew this would help me sort my head out.

I looked back on the fights and booked a semi cheap one for 5pm Friday,2 days time. The money from my dads will had gone through to my bank so the costs were all covered.

"Sorted." i exclaimed.

"Great." He replied.

"Please don't be like this with me,you know as well as I do I don't want to go but I need to."

"Then why are you going?" Chris replied with fire in his voice.

"I need to sort out my head,thats something I just can't do here,now are you going to help me pack or not?" I weakly smiled.

"Sure." he replied.

For the rest of the day myself and chris packed my items and sorted out some things like getting my aunts address,phone number ect.

I could tell chris was hurting but he was putting it aside for me,was I really going to be able to go through with it on Friday?