KABANATA 40

Sweet Notes: September 06, 2020

This is the final chapter of my first series, MADLY (IN LOVE SERIES #1). After this will be the Epilogue. Thank you very much for the support you've given me since then. I am very grateful to all of you for making this possible and for the silent support in reading this story.

Thank you very much! Mahal ko kayo!

Happy reading!

KABANATA 40

ISAGANI ALEXIS

"You should be here, bro. My wedding is in two weeks now," said my brother over the laptop.

"I have school, Gaston," I answered. Why in the hell they need me on their wedding? They can get married without me.

"I told you, mag-transfer ka na lang dito and be the future of IASI. Mas matutuwa pa si Dad sa'yo."

I almost chuckled to the way he speaks in Filipino. He's been living there for almost two years now but I can speak the language better than him!

"What is in the Philippines and you all want me there? There's nothing special there, tss."

I rolled my eyes at my brother. He, on the other side, smirked at me.

"What is in there and you can't go here? Even Dad wants you here," he said. "Tell me brother, susunod ka na ba sa yapak ko? May babae ka ba na hindi mo maiwan?"

I laughed hard this time. It's weird that he's talking in Filipino with his Canadian accent! I can't believe this!

"Ilang taon ka na riyan sa Pilipinas, Gaston? I can speak their language better than you," I chuckled, teasing him how great I am. Well, I learned the language because of him. Ever since he met this girl, Mirabelle, a Filipina, he did his best to learn the language. Sometimes, nakikinig ako and that's when I learned it. And I can't believe the Great Gaston Sketch suck on that.

"Don't drop the topic with the way I speak, brother. Come here and attend my wedding."

I shook my head consecutively. Yeah. His wedding is the main reason why they want me to fly there. I refused so many times because I have school and I can't just leave just like that. I still have to make it on the higher rank because Dad won't allow me to train for the NBA. I can't let that dream fades away just because Gaston is getting married.

"I know why you don't want to come, Isagani," he is now serious. "You think Dad will allow you on that association? Even if you rank first in your batch, I doubt it. You are his heir and the future of the Sketch's."

"He promised me," may diin kong sabi. "And I am not the only heir. You still are, Gaston."

"Do you know why I run away and pretended to be a mere bodyguard of the Henderson's, my dear brother?" Gaston raised a brow. He scratched it with his thumb and looked at me with his serious expression. "It's because I have the same dream as yours. I wanted to be part of it too but Dad being the ruthless king of the Sketch's killed it for me. I was beyond mad and I run away."

I know and I won't run away just like what he did. I will fight for this even it cause me my damn fall.

Being an heir of one of the biggest company is somehow a privileged and a curse. I can buy the things I want, travel in any country of my choice and more but I don't have the freedom to choose my future because I am an heir. My future was already chained in the palace my father had built. And depriving the freedom is the curse I am dealing since I turned at the legal age.