Chapter Four

*Damon's pov*

Stefan and Elena left not too long ago and I couldn't be more relieved. Elena wouldn't stop demanding answers and I can't see why I ever liked her in the first place.

Now I'm just sitting on the couch with a glass of my favourite bourbon. Why did my mate run away? I know she felt the bond from the expression on her face when I saw her at the house.

Maybe she's just protecting herself, if she is a hybrid many people will be after her. That makes sense.

I hear the doorbell ring and I vamp over to it, ready to tell Elena to piss off if she shows up again.

I open it and I see a random guy in a suit....he looks slightly familiar.

'Sorry but I think you've got the wrong place' I tell him, shutting the door over.

'Are you Damon Salvatore?' He asks in a posh voice.

Okay so he knows me but I suppose that he could've just heard of my awesomeness.

'At your service' I say sarcastically.

'Then I believe I have come to the right place. Not long ago I was staked by none other than my mate, of course I did have a momentary panic before finding a note left for me from her. She explained that she is the mate of five other males and one of them is you, she also mentioned something else quite worrying.'

'That's not possible, a mate can't have more than one' I growl at him, he must be lying.

'Yes that is normally the case but I think we both know that Crystal isn't a normal mate' He calmly tells me.

Great now I have to share her.

'Crystal?' I question.

'Her name is Crystal Waters' He tells me and shows me the letter she wrote.

Hang on, Enzo is alive? And my hybrid mate has gone into the den of a bunch of those Augustine scientists?

Shit.

She can't be captured.

'We need to leave.' I tell him, I grab my jacket and lead him towards my car.

'How bad are these scientists?' He asks cautiously.

I don't blame the guy for being cautious, these scientists are on a whole other level of crazy. I swore I would never go back there but for my mate I would do anything.

*Time Skip*

It takes a few hours but we finally make it to Whitmore College and I explain to the new guy how bad these scientists are.

Wait I never learnt his name.

'I just realised I never learned your name?' I say to him, turning to face him in my seat after I turn the engine off.

'My name is Elijah Mikaelson'

Hang on...

'Wait Elijah? Like the Elijah that Elena was kidnapped for?!' I ask in disbelief.

Seriously? I have to share my mate with this guy.

'Yes I am but if our mate is successful in changing Niklaus's spell then I won't have any need for the doppelgänger. Now let's go inside' He tells me confidently.

We're going to need a lot more than confidence.

We go inside the building and the pungent smell of death hits my nose.

'I don't think she needed our help' I mutter with a small chuckle.

I'm glad those scientists got what they deserved.