Chapter 5: Road Trip🌊

"Uh, Hey," Toph said, "You know it's cold you should come inside," Sokka offered.

"I'm fine, what did you need," Toph smiled, "Just wanted to come and talk with you," Sokka said.

It was silent, "I missed this," Sokka said, "Us talking all the time and hanging out."

"Yeah, Its been a while since we've spoken," She said.

"So, we should go hang out," Sokka got an Idea, "Where?" Toph asked.

"Lets go on a road trip, Just you and me" Sokka said.

Toph couldn't help but blush at his grin, "Okay, lets do it during the break," Toph said, "Deal," Sokka smiled.

1 month Later

"Hey Sokka, where you going," Katara asked, "Just gonna be out on a trip for a while, I'll see you guys in a few days," Sokka said as he ran out the door.

"Hey snoozles, you ready," Toph said, "Always," he jumped in the car as they drove off.

"So, where we going Mr know it all," Toph asked, "Where going to find me a sword," Sokka said.

"what?" Toph laughed, "I need one, I already have a boomerang but now I can find me a sword," He smiled.

"Omg, You haven't changed a bit," Toph laughed, "Like you haven't either," Sokka smiled.

"Well, you know what I could go for," Toph smirked, "FOOD!" They cheered as they drove into a drive thru.

"Hello, We'll take all your meat options," Sokka said, "That's $98," The cashier said, "Toph," Sokka said as she handed him the card, "Thank you."

It was sundown and they were eating in the car on the beach, just watching the sun go down.

"Well, that was nice," Toph said as Sokka burped.

"Wow, you have no manners," Toph laughed, "Sorry," Sokka said.

"You should be apologizing for how weak that was," Toph laughed and than burped louder than him.

"Okay,okay, you win Mighty Burp queen," Sokka laughed.

"They sky is so pretty," Toph turned to the orange burnt sky as the light began to fade a little under a black cloak of night.

"Yeah, it is," Sokka just stared at Toph, "Well, what should we do tonight meathead," Toph said turning towards Sokka.

"I don't know, maybe we should just set up a plan for where we are travelling," He smiled.

"Maybe we should travel south to Gaoling and than make our way to Omashu," Toph suggested.

"Yeah, than we might have to travel around to the Fire Nation cause they have good craftsmen around there," Sokka said.

"This trip is gonna be awesome," Toph said.

Sokka's phone started to ring, It was Katara.

Sokka: Hey Sis

Katara: Where'd you go

Sokka: I'm on a trip

Katara: Put me on Speaker

Sokka: What

Katara: Put me on speaker!

Sokka: Okay! Okay!

Katara: HEY TOPH!

Sokka: How the hell did you know?

Toph: HEY KATARA!

Katara: You can't hide anything from me

Katara laughed, "How come you didn't tell her meathead," Toph pulled his ponytail.

"Because she might've come," Sokka said, "Well, Zuko and Suki were invited," Katara whined.

"No, It's just us," Toph laughed, "Wait, really," Katara said.

"Oh, OH! I'm gonna go BYYYYEEEE!" Katara hung up quick.

"Well, that was eventful," Sokka laughed.

"Yeah, this is why I called her sugar queen," Toph giggled.

"Who knew that stars could be pretty," Toph laid on her back just watching them, "Yeah, they are pretty," Sokka smiled.

"Maybe we might get to beat people up," Toph said, "Maybe, that's why I bought my Boomerang," Sokka smiled.

"Of course you did," Toph gave him a neutral look, "What! What did I do," Sokka asked.

"You've been carrying that boomerang around since 8th grade, It's funny to believe such a thing," Toph Laughed.

"Well, maybe your jealous because i never taught you how to use it," Sokka smirked.

"Maybe," Toph was flustered with red.

"Okay, I'll teach you how to throw it," Sokka said.

"I'm Kinda tired now," Toph yawned.

"Yeah, wanna sleep in the car," Sokka said.

"Where you sleeping than," Toph asked, "I'll sleep out here with the tents," He said.

"No, If your out here I'm here too," Toph grabbed her stuff and shoved it on the floor next to him.

"Please, Your gonna get cold and the last thing you should be doing is sleeping on the floor," Sokka Stated.

"Fine, Only because I don't wanna argue," She glared at him before it turned into a smile.

"Night," Toph said.

"Night," Sokka replied.

Later

Toph woke up to the sound of Sokka turning in his sleep trying.

"Sokka, you good for nothing goofball," She whispered as she laid beside him.

"Don't you say anything," She said to him as he realized who it was.

He smiled and fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading

Stay tuned for more😁