Chapter 6: Family🌏

Sokka woke up and saw Toph beside him and just stared at her.

He just looked at her hair as it fell upon her face and the glow of her face in the dawn light.

Toph suddenly shot up and looked at Sokka, "People are running towards us," She said.

"What?" Sokka was surprised, "Lets go," She grabbed him by the hand as they ran to the car until they were stopped.

"Now where do you to think your going," They were surrounded by 6 men, "Toph!" Sokka said.

"On it," She earthbended a wave of rocks knocking over the men to there feet.

They fought a few guys off as they gained balance again but Toph and Sokka got the upper hand.

"Run," Toph said to Sokka, "I'm not leaving you," He said.

"Get to the car and open the roof and drive," She said.

"NO! I'm not leaving you just-" He said, "GO!" She glared at him and he ran to the car, opened the sun roof and drove.

"C'mon Toph," He kept whispering to himself.

"Well, it was fun boys," Toph smirked than shot her self up boosting her to were Sokka was and landed right in the passengers seat.

It was quiet and all that was heard was the huffing of there breathe.

Toph started laughing and she couldn't stop, "What," Sokka chuckled.

"What a way to start off an adventure," Toph smiled, "Yeah it was pretty fun," Sokka laughed.

"Uh, snoozles," Toph said.

"Yeah Toph," Sokka looked over.

"We're going the wrong way," She smirked.

"Oh shit," He turned the car around and they kept driving until they came at a stop.

"Wow, Its just as I remember," Toph said as they walked through Gaoling.

"It is beautiful," Sokka said, "Yeah, lets go," She grabbed his hand and they ran into the crowd.

It was packed with people throughout the square, "Here, the best blacksmith in town," She said.

"Hey yo, Uncle Stevie," Toph knocked on the window, "If it's not little Beifong," He smiled.

"Hey  Uncle Stevie, we need your help," Toph smiled.

"Of course," He than looked at Sokka, "And is this your boyfriend," He smirked which made the two fluster red.

"No, this is Sokka, my best friend," She smiled.

"Are you sure?" Stevie smirked, "Lets just go inside," She was blushing red across her face and stormed inside.

"Hehe, that's what I said about her aunt," He nudged Sokka who's face was glowing red.

They walked and in and they were in awe of the entire place as there were many weapons hung and the continuity of a few.

"Wow, this place is awesome," Sokka said. 

"Yep, he made my brother ones when he was about 16," Toph explained.

"So whatcha looking for son," Stevie asked, "Just looking for a sword that represents me, I think," he smiled.

"Well, maybe we might have to build something for you here," Stevie laughed.

"Kiddo, Where are you and ponytail over here staying," her uncle asked.

"Uh, we were just gonna camp out-" Toph spoke, "Nope, your gonna stay here," Stevie said.

"It's Okay, uncle, were good,"  She offered, "Non-sense, I'm not letting you sleep outside," he demanded, "and besides, your father would kill me," he said.

Later 

"So this is where you will be sleeping," He showed them to there room.

"Thanks Uncle," Toph smiled, "No worries anything thing for you kiddo," He smiled.

All of a sudden, "Cousin Tough," Her cousin ran in, "Hey Willow," Toph picked her up, "How's it hanging," She asked, "My tooth fell out," Willow smiled.

"Who's this," She looked over at Sokka, "That's Sokka," Toph smiled, "Is he your boyfriend," Willow asked which resulted in the two's red face.

"Your not saying no," Willow smirked and ran to the door frame, "GUYS! TOPH HAS A BOYFRIEND!" She shouted as footsteps were heard and a punch of people at the frame of the door.

"Wait, everyone's here," Toph said, "Yeah," Willow said.

All Toph's cousins and Aunts and Uncles were surrounding Sokka, "So are you Toph's boyfriend," "Do you have any cute friends," "Toph knows how to pick em."

It was question after question for Sokka who couldn't keep up with half of it.

"Okay, leave him alone," Toph squeezed through the crowd of family and made it to Sokka, "Okay! Okay! Lets give the boy some space," Her Aunt said.

"Sokka is not my boyfriend, he is just an old friend from school," Toph said, "So don't even start to convince us to get together," She glared over at her aunties pulling out the wedding dress.

"Okay, we know," her aunt said and they left, "Mittens is all grown up now," Her older cousins noggied her head, "Hey, I told you stop calling me that," Toph scoffed as Sokka laughed.

"Now go," She pushed them out and closed the door, "Have fun mittens," "Use protection," Her cousins called out laughing.

"SHUT UP!" She yelled.

It was quiet and Toph turned around to Sokka staring at her, "Mittens?" He tried to hold in his laughter, "Shut up," Toph punched his arm.

"Sorry," Sokka smirked, "Mittens," He whispered under his breathe just enough for Toph to hear it, Her face flustered with red and Anger.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading

Stay tuned for more😆