[0] Prologue

"Ayato!" Niko jumps on the boy, eyes wide and smile beaming.

The said boy turns around to catch the girl, eyes lighting up. Despite Ayato being almost a year older, the two caught on like a house on fire. When their parents introduced their kids, they expected his older sister and Niko to get along, as they are both girls, but the two seem to repel each other like magnets.

"Niko!" The boy catches her in a hug, mood raising considerably. "Where have you been?"

"Oh you know, visiting relatives, I couldn't go in though. Mum and Dad went in to see Mum's brother and his sons, I couldn't go in. Something about not understanding ghouls." Niko saddens a little, "I was okay with it, but then I noticed that they have two twin sons, I thought I could get along with them . . . ."

Ayato frowns, his possessiveness flaring up, "Well you have me, you don't need anyone else."

Niko giggles, "Okay, Ayato."

She places a small kiss on his cheek.

c.r.o.s.s.e.d.

"C'mon, Niko!" He grabs her arm, pulling her from her house and out onto the street.

Niko stares in shock at the scene in front of her, surprised more than anything. Her parents and herself were sitting in their living room chatting one minute, and the next they were dead. A man with a long trench coat and an eye patch walked into the room, shotgun in hand.

Niko jumped out the window, landing right in front of Ayato who was coming to see her. Lucky he was, or she would be dead by now.

"CCG?" Niko mumbles as the sprint down the empty back streets.

"Most likely, we have to get out of here." Ayato tugs her into a cafe, breathing hard.

"We aren't open . . . . Niko?" A girl stares from behind the counter.

Niko looks at the girl, her eyes blank and blood running down her face.

"Why?"

c.r.o.s.s.e.d.

"You dyed your hair turquoise?" Ayato stares at the girl through the mirror, watching her lather the green hair dye into her long hair.

"Yeah, I got bored of plain old silver." She mumbles, staring back at him in the mirror.

"You are eleven."

"You are eleven, you have purple hair."

"I was born with blue hair."

"It's purple, and I was born with the urge to dye my hair."

c.r.o.s.s.e.d.

"Ayato!~" Niko walks around the shop, looking for the boy.

Both kids have reached the age of thirteen and have an obvious attraction towards each other. They are currently playing hide and seek around Anteiku, everybody is out of the shop and they have it to themselves.

"Ayato~ I'm gonna getcha!" She burst open his bedroom door to see him lying in his bed, eyes closed.

"Did you seriously fall asleep on me?" She mumbles to herself and closes the door.

She walks over to the bed quietly, just to make sure. As she steps up next to it, his eyes flash open and he grabs her arm, pulling her down onto him. She grunts as she lands on him roughly. She glares lightly at the smirking boy under her, sitting up on top of him.

"So you just didn't want to play, huh?" She pokes his chest as he wraps his slender[man] arms around her waist.

"No, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings." He mumbles, pulling her down towards him by sliding his arms up her torso.

"Ayato, you know we aren't allowed? Your sister said we are too young." Niko mumbles, not really caring about rules either.

"To hell with her." He mumbles back, staring at her lips.

She leans down and plants a kiss on his lips lightly before sitting back up again, he tries to pull her down again but her strength rivals his.

"We can make out if you play one round of hide and seek." She jumps off him to run out of the room but he latches onto her arm and yanks her back to bed.

She falls softly on the bed next to him. She turns to glare at him, but instead her eyes go wide as he wraps his arms around her waist again and buries his face into her neck.

"You aren't going anywhere." He even lifts his leg and tosses it across the girl.

She chuckles lightly before turning towards him and attacks his lips. He grunts and pushes her back down and takes over. They don't get many chances to be together without anyone around, and Ayato wants to make the most of every chance he gets.

His hands travel down her waist as she wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him into her. She smiles lightly against his lips as his hair tickles her nose. She reaches forward and pulls it back, tying it with her spare hair tie into a little bun at the back of his head.

He pulls away from her, "Seriously?"

The girl gives him a cute smirk, her sharper teeth making an appearance. He rolls his eyes and kisses her again, hand slipping under the hem of her shirt. She smirks against his lips and lets him dominate, his tongue slipping against hers. Just as Niko tugs on his shirt to pull it off, they hear the bell on the front door ring.

Both of them groan and pull away from each other, moods crashing. Niko stands up from the bed, turning to the one mirror in Ayato's room and checking her appearance before yanking the hair tie out of Ayato's hair.

The boy yelps a little and grabs his head, "How do you keep it in all day?"

"Practice."

c.r.o.s.s.e.d.

"You are what?" Niko is furious.

First, her parents leave her and now Ayato is, completely out of the blue.

"I don't belong here Niko, and you know that. I have to get stronger"

"What, so you are just going to leave me?" Niko pushes him back against the wall, rage rushing through her veins.

"Niko, I'm not leaving you," he raises his hands and cups her cheeks, "I'm just leaving the shop."

"That's the same thing, you idiot." She mumbles to him, her eyes starting to water.

"No, it's not, my idiot." He mumbles, leaning towards her.

She lets out a sob, knowing she can't stop him, that she doesn't want to stop him. She would do anything to make Ayato happy, and if letting him go is one of them, then so be it.

"I can't fucking make out with you if your fucking sobbing." Ayato rolls his eyes at her, pushing her back slowly.

"Don't be mean to me, shithead." She pushes him back again and kisses him herself, tears still running down her face.

He kisses back immediately, knowing he won't be able to see her once he's gone, at least not for a while. He's not scared about how long he will be gone, but more about how long she will wait for him while he is.

c.r.o.s.s.e.d.

asbcoiWbfpewbfpnvakhfleiucb.

are we happy to have a new book?

milestones to make everyones lives easier 

chapter 15 is when it goes from tokyo ghoul to vampire knight

chapter 30-40 is around where niko's arc really kicks off. akara's arc is first, so you will have to read through that first or head over to ZylikaZ's profile to read his point of view. 

ayato appears again after this. 

~shadow.

— @ZylikaZ 2020

"I'm dying trying to catch up to you already, type slower bitch."

"I can't fucking make out with you if your fucking sobbing." Ayato rolls his eyes at her, pushing her back slowly. –"Kdsjfhkjghslgdhahahahaha"