[47] More

I gulp loudly while sitting at the diner table with the three 'Cross's.' I'm sitting here, dealing with the smell of their food pretty well. I think it's because I have been eating sufficiently I am not as affected as I was when I was dry reaching because of Akara's cooking.

Or maybe that is just Akara's cooking. Actually I'm sure he is a good cook, I just have bad taste. I laugh internally to my own joke. I am literally hilarious, give me an award.

"So Niko, what did you do before you came to Cross Academy?" Yuki asks me, making me raise my eyebrows.

I can't blame her for being courier, I'm just surprised no ones told her anything, "Well, I did primary school, and then from the ages thirteen to sixteen I worked for the CCG, the Commission of Counter Ghouls, basically killed a bunch of bad ghouls while looking for a guy." I look up to the ceiling as if thinking but I know what I'm going to say, "Didn't find him and then came here when the CCG found out I was a ghoul."

Yuki tilts her head to the side while eating her dinner, "Have you got good ghouls and bad ghouls?"

I chuckle lightly and shake my head, "All ghouls are pretty much the same, but there are ghouls who chose to make minimal impact and ghouls that chose to make maximum impact, and that is what differentiates us."

Kaien looks at me this time, I guess he doesn't really know much about ghouls either, "How do you mean?"

"Well, there's say ghouls like me who try to only eat when we need to and try not to binge or kill people to eat. We tend to go for already dead prey. Then there are people who kill people for the fun of it. They might take one bite out of a person and just leave the body hanging around." I say, resting my chin on my shoulder and brushing my now-turquoise hair out of the way. "Sure I've killed people but it was to protect those around me, to try to make things right, but it never really worked out."

"How so?" Yuki asks, getting really invested in the conversation.

'Well, if we check the news after dinner, I'm sure I can explain to you whats going on. The recap should me on." Say, nodding to the TV int he lounge room, "They will speak about what ghouls to worry about and those who have been captured, they might show footage, it's probably the easiest way to learn." I sit up straight, cracking my knuckles quietly under the table.

Yuki nods to me while Zero just stays silent and continues to eat his dinner. Tomato soup, looks like he likes it. I smile internally.

"How's the food?" I ask, looking down at it, slightly wishing I could taste it once, it looks really good.

"Good, the soup keeps getting better, Head-father." Yuki catches herself at the last moment, making Kaien swoon.

"Thank you, my beautiful daughter!" He hugs her tightly, making her choke slightly and drop her spoon in her soup.

I chuckle lightly at it happens, just watching it play out. I chuckle a little more when I see the face Zero pulls when he sees it, obviously, he had to deal with it at some point and definitely didn't like it. Oh, c'mon, they aren't that bad, they are just surprising and suffocating.

Kaien lets go of Yuki and turns to me, a smile on his face.

"Niko, what are you planning to do in life?" He asks, a wide smile on his face.

I give him a weird look, "what do you mean? I'm attending this school."

He shakes his head, making Zero make some sort of negative sound, "I mean after school."

I pause for a second. I haven't really ever thought about after school, mainly because I only just started school so I was always just taking life one day at a time to stay alive but it would seem that now I have a future to plan out.