Blind Date

The Aunt Wang from downstairs, introduced Yao QiQi to someone, again. This made her realize the world really has changed. Then again, she remembered that a few years back, when she first came out, her mother only symbolically cried a tear or two and then what did she do afterwards? Her mother started setting her up with all kinds of lesbians like crazy!

The sports coach she was introduced to last time still left a psychological shadow in Yao QiQi’s heart. She was a big woman over 180 cm, with bulging muscles up and down her arms. When she stood up, even two Yao QiQi stacked together wouldn’t reach her height!

She was worried.

Could she refuse?

Thinking again, she was an internet celebrity, definitely not ugly, so how come she was resorting to blind dates?!

Yao QiQi seriously needed to reflect on her life!

When Mother Yao returned home from shopping, she saw her daughter dead on the sofa and said: “Why are you still home?!”

Yao QiQi numbly replied, “Yes, I’m still at home.”

Mother Yao threw down her basket and rolled up her sleeves to beat that daughter of hers, “Then what are you still dilly-dallying for?! Hurry up and get ready, you don’t want to make the other girl wait!”

Yao QiQi said with a bitter face, “Mom, to be entirely honest, can I just not go? This is already the seventh one. If you really want me to meet the right one, why not wait a bit?”

“Don’t you make excuses with me! If you have the ability, go find one yourself. If not, then you absolutely must go to this blind date. Not to mention, Aunt Wang set you up out of the kindness from her heart, so how can this one be the same as last time? This one got her doctorate from overseas, when she returned to China, she immediately got a job as a professor at “A” University and I heard from Aunt Wang she’s part of some famous research so she is both rich and beautiful. Now, look at yourself, how can you compare?!” Mother Yao was sincerely distressed because of this daughter of hers.

Yao QiQi pouted, “What’s wrong with me? As a streamer I am also very rich! I have earned enough to buy an apartment and two cars…”

“You actually still have the face to admit it?!” Mother Yao glared at her, “You don’t work hard, all you do is play on your computer everyday!”

Yao QiQi wanted to say more, but was pushed into her room by Mother Yao, “Hurry up and dress up! Wear something that is nice enough to be seen by other people!”

As she changed her clothes, Yao QiQi grumbled about her mother with a belly full of hate. Her mom was just jealous that Aunt Wang had a grandson to hug while her mother didn’t, but how can she compare? Yao QiQi wasn’t a son, therefore even if she did find a woman, how can she have a baby?

Yao QiQi gazed up silently towards the heavens.

--
Because both cars were sent in for warranty, Yao QiQi took a taxi to the agreed destination. When she arrived, she hesitated, but she realized if she didn’t go in, she wouldn’t be able to return home, so she begrudgingly opened the door. As soon as she entered the restaurant, Yao QiQi knew that this place was not decided by her mother or Aunt Wang because neither had this taste. After all, her first blind date was at a spicy hot soup restaurant, something scarring that she will remember for the rest of her life.

The waiter greeted her with a smile, “Hello, how many in your party?”

Yao QiQi glanced inside, “I’m looking for someone.”

The restaurant was very large, Yao QiQi had to walk for a while before she found a person sitting by herself in the corner, the person’s back facing her. Surrounded by tables full of couples, the single person seemed a little pitiful.