Showing Affection

Yao QiQi didn’t want to meet her classmates. The women loved to compare their children and those without children like to compare their husbands. The men also competed with each other. Those with good careers boasted about their jobs, those without bragged about how many girls in the company flirted with them. Some even bragged about how much money they hid from their wives.

Maybe it was because their families pressured them, or they genuinely wanted to live their days with somebody,  most of her classmates got married immediately after graduation. This made Yao QiQi’s hasty marriage seem inappropriate, especially when she got married to someone after one blind date.

They would eat dinner somewhere and then go to karaoke afterward, the same tedious and boring routine.

Before going, her roommate specifically called Yao QiQi to remind her dress properly.

Out of common courtesy, Yao QiQi cleaned herself up a little and then dressed conspicuous crimson dress. Since Yao QiQi and Xie Lan only recently officialized their marriage, it was only natural to wear something festive and joyful.

The dinner was at a Japanese restaurant and Yao QiQi hated Japanese food the most. So on the way there, she stopped by a pan-fried dumpling place and ate her fill.

So with a full stomach, Yao QiQi stepped into the restaurant in a good mood.

When Yao QiQi arrived, almost everyone was already there.

Seeing her, several ‘male classmates’ called out to her, each one stepping over each other to offer her a seat.

“QiQi why did you only arrive now? We’ve been waiting for a while!”

“That’s right, some of us couldn’t wait!”

“Hahahaha!”

Yao QiQi: ….

Yao QiQi frowned so slightly that no one noticed, sat down and said, “Sorry, the traffic was bad on the way here.”

The college roommate next to her, quickly motioned at Yao QiQi to look at the other person next to her.

Yao QiQi glanced sideways. There was a gentle-looking man, wearing gold-rimmed spectacles, sitting on her right. The man gave her a shy look as if he was embarrassed.

Yao QiQi had a faint memory of the man. They had eaten together once before she graduated from university.

The dishes were served and the atmosphere became lively.

At this moment, somebody brought up QiQi:

“QiQi is a famous streamer now, an internet celebrity with millions of fans!”

“Yes, I know. I’ve watched some of QiQi’s streams, they’re pretty good.”

“Wow, it’s so cool that you can sing in front of so many people, I would never be able to….”

“With your thin face, you’ll never be able to do it! Haha.”

Yao QiQi: ….

“What would you like to eat? Is shrimp ok?” Suddenly a deep-fried shrimp covered in mayonnaise landed on her plate.

The corners of Yao QiQi’s mouth twitched, “Thank you.”

Although she said that, she made no move to eat the shrimp.

The noise got louder and then her roommate whispered in her ear, “Don’t you remember him? That’s Jin Chenwu, the guy who chased after you in college.”

Yao QiQi: ….

Suddenly, her phone vibrated, and Yao QiQi quickly took it out of her purse.

The Cutest Professor Xie: 【I’m here. Where are you?】

Yao QiQi’s eyes lit up, finally the person she had been waiting for arrived. She smiled and stood up, “Excuse me, I’m going to meet someone outside?”

The roommate grabbed her wrist, “Who is it?”

Yao QiQi: “My wife.”

Roommate: “?!”

Originally, Yao QiQi wanted Xie Lan to arrive by taxi, but it was more convenient to the bus. Although the bus was slow, that was why she arrived so late.

Xie Lan had just finished teaching a class so her outfit was low-key like usual, even so, she still stood out amongst the crowd.

Yao QiQi looked proudly at her from afar. This special person belonged to her, and only her.

Xie Lan recognized Yao QiQi with a glance, admiring the crimson dress Yao QiQi wore. Its bright colors accentuated Yao QiQi’s figure and maximized her beauty.

When Yao QiQi came in holding hands with Xie Lan, everyone was shocked, to say the least.

Although Yao QiQi was a famous streamer, not many of them watched Yao QiQi’s streams proactively, so none of them knew about the scandal she had with Wei Ran. Therefore, they never knew she was into girls.

Yao QiQi smiled sweetly, “Let me introduce you to my wife, Xie Lan. Sorry, I didn’t tell you guys earlier, the marriage certification was a bit rushed so I didn’t have time to inform you…”

“….”

The man wearing spectacles felt ashamed and embarrassed and actively moved over a seat so Xie Lan could sit down.

Xie Lan felt something was off, and nodded her head indifferently. Anyhow, this position beside Yao QiQi naturally belonged to her, so she sat down nonchalantly.

The roommate next to Yao QiQi coughed, “QiQi, this is a bit surprising.”

Yao QiQi: “Is it? I thought everyone knew already.”

Roommate: “…”

Someone else asked, “Aren’t you afraid your fans will hate you if they found out?”

Yao QiQi: “….they all know.”

Everyone: “….”

“What about the parents? Did you tell them yet?”

Yao QiQi: “I didn’t need to. My mother was the one who introduced Xie Lan to me. Furthermore, my mother and Xie Lan’s aunt set everything up.” 

Everyone: “….”

“So she works in education, right? Which middle school does she teach at?”

Yao QiQi: “She’s a biology professor at “A” University.”

“Wow, a professor at such a young age. Did you graduate from “A” University?”

“No, she just returned home from graduate school overseas at Yale University.”

“….”

“….”

Xie Lan went to wash her hands and returned. She helped Yao QiQi peel a few shrimps and put it on her plate. Feeling that the unpeeled one covered in mayonnaise was taking up space, she threw it to the side.

Glasses man: “….”

After dinner, everyone proposed to move on to karaoke. However, Yao QiQi smiled and refused.

“I’m really sorry, but Professor Xie has to teach class tomorrow, so we’ll be going first. Have fun.”

As soon as they left the restaurant, Xie Lan said, “You’re hungry, let’s go eat somewhere else.”

Yao QiQi fastened her hand around Xie Lan’s, smiling. Although she had eaten earlier before coming, Xie Lan probably didn’t at all and yet she still thought of Yao QiQi first.

“Ok, then let’s go eat something delicious!”

Xie Lan patted her head, her eyes full of pampering.

In the end, the two of them found a place that sold wontons and they each asked for a bowl. Yao QiQi smiled as she ate.”

“Oh, don’t worry. After today, no one will try to take me away from you.”

Xie Lan: “….”