Inappropriate

The two had finished eating and since it was still early, Yao QiQi thought that considering they were already out on a date, they might as well go out for a movie. However, before she could mention her idea…

Xie Lan: “It’s late, let me take you home.”

Yao QiQi: “…”

Xie Lan very “considerately” escorted Yao QiQi to her apartment. However, she didn’t make a move to go in nor did Yao QiQi invite her in.

And that was it.

It really seemed like they had no compatibility…

At least that’s what Yao QiQi thought.

It wasn’t until Yao QiQi disappeared through the door did Xie Lan realize that Yao QiQi didn’t seem all too happy with her.

Was Yao QiQi …dissatisfied with her?

Back at home, Mother Yao eagerly looked forward to her daughter’s response, “So how was it?”

Yao QiQi slowly raised her hand to point at the clock on the wall.

Mother Yao looked at the clock, confused.

“It’s only 6 o’ clock in the afternoon.”

Mother Yao: “ ? ”

Yao QiQi grabbed her mother’s arm and sighed, “Don’t you understand that if the other party was interested, I wouldn’t be home so early?! Which couple out on a date have you seen come back this early?”

Mother Yao still didn’t understand, “I don’t get it. Don’t you just come home after a dinner date?”

Yao QiQi could only helplessly explain, “I was going to ask her to watch a movie, but she didn’t make any plans to stay at all. Is it because I’m annoying?”

“Nonsense!” Mother Yao said in an unhappy tone. “My daughter is so beautiful and cute, who would dare to dislike you!”

Yao QiQi laughed loudly, “Oh, Mom, don’t worry about it, when my destiny calls, nothing will stop it from happening. Maybe it’s just not my fate to be with her.”

Mother Yao, however, wasn’t satisfied with this abrupt ending, “Did she perhaps leave a phone number? Or a WeChat? Maybe you two can get to know each other better first?”

Yao QiQi shook her head, “The other party didn’t mention anything like that from beginning to end while we were out.”

She also couldn’t understand herself, because for some reason when she met this person, she felt the other party was quite odd.

What a pity that this rare treasure couldn’t land in her pockets.

Later that evening, Father Yao came back and added insult to injury by asking how the date went.

--
Yao QiQi thought that the blind date was a failure, so she didn’t bother thinking about it anymore and decided to focus on her streaming for the next few days.

She started streaming in her senior year of university, with no specific time slot nor category. Yao QiQi usually just streamed whatever she felt like: singing, eating, playing video games, and she usually streamed in the afternoon and evenings. She could take her time streaming as well. She could even sing all afternoon and then play games in the evening, which was already much more relaxed than a usual workplace. Of course, she couldn’t compare to those “super” streamers, but she still had a solid fanbase and decent fame; otherwise she wouldn’t have been able to buy an apartment and two cars.