So Simple It's Almost Silly

Yao QiQi held her phone and asked Aunt Wang, “Did you give my number out to someone?”

Aunt Wang thought for a moment, “No.”

Seeing this, Mother Yao who stood beside her quickly answered, “Oh, last time you said you didn’t leave her a phone number so I gave it to little Xie’s aunt when I went to meet her.”

“When did you meet her?” Yao QiQi asked.

Mother Yao didn’t answer her and asked in surprise, “Did little Xie contact you?

Yao QiQi was speechless, this mother of hers was really good at selling out her own daughter!

“Did she or did she not? What did she say?” Mother Yao continued to pester Yao QiQi.

Yao QiQi abruptly turned around and walked into her room, locking the door behind her. She ignored her mother’s badgering from outside and stared at the text.

She still felt like they weren’t too compatible.

Wasn’t this person just too stuffy, too boring, too … naive?

Yao QiQi’s impression of Xie Lan was that she was just too simple and sincere at her age, so simple it’s almost …(T/N: *hint* look at the chapter title!!)

Whoops.

It seemed kind of rude to think about someone like that behind their back.

But Xie Lan’s beauty was just too tempting!

However, no matter how tempting or beautiful one’s face is, it would still be way too boring if the other party just sat there with no interest in starting conversation.

She glanced at the short text again, her conflicting heart making her bury her face into her hands. Should she reply??

Yao QiQi contemplated and then sighed, she had to admit she couldn’t help but be tempted by this rare treasure.

After hesitating she replied: 【Miss Xie actually has my phone number ^_^】

After sending it, Yao QiQi leaned against the wall and waited for her reply.

She waited all the way till evening. Even later, when she was broadcasting and her friends were asking her to join a game, her phone never buzzed once.

Yao QiQi helplessly flipped over her phone and set it face down on her desk. Then after answering a few questions from the fans in her chat, she set up her face cam while slowly booting up her streaming site and game.

A barrage of messages appeared in her chat:

【Wow! Sister Qi isn’t wearing makeup today~~】

【Sister Qi’s natural beauty is also cute!!!】

【QiQi seems sad today, did something happen?】

【Did Yao Qi get plastic surgery, how else can someone’s face be that small…】

【Emmmm…hey hater upstairs, can you leave, OK? With your idol in your ID, you’re probably trying to do something bad like hack her, right?】

【Yes, the one with an idol who had plastic surgery in their username, scram far away from here! Don’t sully our Sister Qi’s eyes with your filth! 】

【Hurry up and get lost!】

Yao QiQi: “…”

Plastic surgery?

Haha.

She mentioned the hater’s ID and typed:

【Sorry, my face was given to me at birth, my entire family has small faces. I can send you a picture some time if you like.】