CHAPTER TEN

"So what you're telling me is that you were flirting but not really flirting with Mr Scottish Psychopath" Finn asked Zara as they found themselves watching Ricky and Morty on their hotel television.

"No what I'm telling you is that I'm losing my mind Fergal" Zara groaned burying her head in the below pillow placed under her.

"Personally I think you have little crush that you don't want to explore." He teased her, grabbing a handful of popcorn. "It's okay to live life freely Zara"

His reply only caused her to groan more into the pillow. This wasn't really what she expected to happen once she got into the WWE. Of course Zara was aware that there were many attractive men in the company but she didn't expect to garner attention from them nor make a slight connection with them in a romantic light.  It was a bit too much for her and this point considering that she hadn't really taken time to find closure from her last relationship which ended in a horrible way.

"Maybe if I ignore him then this will all stop" Zara poised to Fergal raising her head from the pillow and peaking an eye at him.

He just gave her a blank look in return and shook his head.
"Ignore? You're gonna see the man everyday you can't do that. Not to mention the fact that it's just a dumb idea. What you need to do is figure out what you're feeling love" Fergal stated rubbing her back comfortingly. He always had a knack for being the only source of wisdom and comfort in her life and Zara genuinely thanked God that he had placed Fergal in her life.

Zara sighed again and dropped her head into the pillow. Only to be distracted by a buzzing sensation coming from her phone. She grabbed it from her bedside table and unlocked it to see a message from Drew which said "I was hoping to take you up on your offer"

"If you don't answer him back saying yes in some form or fashion I will Coup de Gracé you right here right now" Fergal warned her squinting his eyes at her whilst leaning away from her shoulder which he was peaking over.

"So aggressive Fergal damn" Zara muttered rolling away from her best friend hiding her phone. Zara didn't know whether to reply back to the Scotsman, she was still indecisive about her feelings. Sure Fergal made good points but she didn't know if taking such a leap would be good for her. She took a deep breath before sending a text right back to the man.

"Okay I did it" She said laying back down comfortably on the bed.

"Did what? I need specifics Z" Fergal stated stroking her head comfortingly.

"I said yes" she whispered closing her eyes slightly.

"Sorry what was that. Couldn't here ya lass"

Zara groaned inaudibly before replying much louder.
"I said yes, you happy you Irish prick"

"Very in fact. I just want to see you happy Z, you know that and perhaps Drew can make that happen more often"' he replied back to her raking his soft hands through her straight locks of jet black hair.

"I am happy" she told him, not a clue as to whether she was trying to convince him or herself.

Was she happy? Zara had never known a time in which she had been truly happy except in the ring doing what she does best and some moments with her ex partner. Zara was confused as to whether she even knew what true happiness even felt like or what it was. It was a strange thought to have but it did come to her a lot. Her only fear was that maybe she wouldn't come to a feeling of true happiness before it was her time to go. She tried to not dwell on the thought and instead asked her Irish friend if he wanted to go out with her to the Shake Shack. Maybe being cooped in a hotel room wasn't the best place for her mind right now, not matter how spacious it was. Of course Fergal replied saying yes, anything to do with food he's most definitely up for it which does make her wonder how he keeps his abs so pristine.

The pair had ordered their food, Zara getting a a double ShackBurger with cheese fries and Fergal getting a double SmokeShack burger with cheese fries and were idly chatting away until they heard a couple recognisable voices which caused them to perk the heads up and see who was coming through the entrance door. Only to be welcomed by the laughter and idle chit chat of the three SHIELD boys. Zara was still looking up sipping on her drink of Coke  When Seth caught her eye and they both found themselves looking at each other, one more intently than the other. Zara glanced away to focus on her friend in front of her. She didn't know what kind of feeling she got from the so called architect of the SHIELD but she sure felt something whenever he was in her presence.

"Well well well, if it isn't the new girl on the block and her lovely Irish friend" Ambrose's stated whilst he leaned on the corner near their table.

"Lads" Fergal nodded having a sip of his drink.

Zara was still drinking her drink until she felt a kick on her shin causing her to look up and glare at her mate in front of her, which he replied with a nod in the direction of the SHIELD boys where Dean was waving at her with a slight smile on his face.

"Oh hey guys, sorry I was lost in thought" Zara told them placing her drink on the table. She shuffled over a bit in a way to make space for three men to sit with her and Fergal. "Do you guys wanna join us, we practically just got here" she asked the trio.

"If you and Finn don't mind that is of course" Roman said to which the two shook their heads and made more space available allowing the three men to take their seats, Dean sat next to Finn on one side, Roman sat next to Zara on the other and Seth sat directly opposite to Zara and next to Dean. "So how you finding WWE Z, if you don't me calling you that"

"Nah its all good as long you don't mind me calling you Ro" she winked to which he chuckled and shook his head. " Great, as for me finding WWE, it's been bare fun I can't even lie to you guys. Just getting to do what I want to do in life, my biggest passion in one of the most prominent companies around, of course I'm having a blast"

"I'm glad you're having fun Zara" Seth finally spoke up looking directly at her whilst Dean waved over a waiter to the group.

Zara merely gave him a curt nod as a reply. "How are you guys though, minus me constantly beating you man with a bat. Again apologies" she laughed.

Dean stretched his arm across Seth and Finn's chairs to make himself more comfortable. " We're good if I can speak for the rest of the boys, just glad to be back together. It's been too long since we were together as a unit and yes I accept your apology. Just don't do it again"

"No promises with that one Ambrose" Finn stated and Zara shrugged in acceptance, who knew what she had planned on the next Raw.

The group stayed chatting away till they all finished their food and decided to head back to their own hotel rooms. Before Zara could head back to hers, and hand had pulled her away from her door as if to stop her. Zara looked to see Seth gripping her wrist and looking at her intently again almost curiously.
"Is there something you want Seth?" She arched an eyebrow at him.

"Could you call me Colby please" he asked her, suddenly a warm almost puppy dog look came across his face as he released his grip.

"Sure, what's up Colby" She asked crossing her arms across her chest.

He itches his long beard and Zara could feel as though she could see clockworks being turned in his head.
"Erm, it's been a while since I've done this but I was wondering if you would like to erm go on a date with me. I know this is all out of the blue and we haven't we really spoken that much but I think you're really attractive and I would love to get to know you on a more personal level if that's" he rambled on before getting cut off by Zara.

"Sure give me a time and a date" she stated simply before walking into her room.

Seth blinked his eyes and scratched his head. He wondered if what just happened really just happened. Then he realised that she had actually said yes which brought a slow smile to his face. What he failed to notice before entering his room and telling his best mates was a brooding Scotsman looming around who had heard the whole conversation.