Chapter 8 - Keefe

Sophie looked at me, silently questioning her eyes. I was still vertiginous from our kiss, but she still didn't tell me if she was staying or not. I can still feel guilt raiding off her. She looked at me again as Dex came closer. I mouthed the bathroom, she nodded and quickly walked towards the bathroom but Dex was already here. I jumped in front of Sophie even though I knew it was too late

"Sophie?" It was Dex. I looked their way and saw that Biana was there too, rubbing her eyes.

"Sophie?" Biana asked

Sophie stepped out of my shadow. She looked back and forth and gave them a slight wave. It would've been cute if in a different circumstance.

"Keefe Sencen if this is a prank- you're dead," Biana threatened. I felt like her teal eyes were burning holes into my soul.

I let out a nervous laugh. "No-no this is Sophie, she's alive,"

Dex's eyes widened as he stepped forward

"Hi, guys," Sophie said, not breaking eye contact. I had expected her to hide behind her curtain of hair.

Biana and Dex both gasp

"It's really you- Sophie Foster?" Dex asked, rubbing his eyes

Sophie nodded

Biana ran forward and held Sophie in her arms. Sophie felt happy, optimistic, and just.... Happy. Biana leaned to look at Sophie and let out a happy sob.

"I thought you were dead," Biana held her tighter

I stepped back to give them some space while Dex was standing there in shock, his face expression was priceless. I honestly wanted to laugh but held myself together. He walked forward, and made their hug a group hug. Sophie moved from Biana's arm to Dex's.

"Dex,"

"I can't believe it's you." Dex held Sophie tighter and I saw a tear trail down his cheek.

When broke apart Sophie wiped a tear from her cheeks

"Sophie," Biana's voice broke and pulled Sophie into a hug again.

"Biana," Sophie buried her head in Biana's neck.

Sophie's emotions were so strong, my heart felt heavy

"You guys are going to make me cry," I said and made a big group hug. With all of us in a circle with Dex and Biana on either side of me. We stayed like that for a while.

"Sophie, I missed you so so so much," Biana broke the silence

Sophie's eyes turned glassy. "I missed you- all, too"

After a few minutes of silence, Sophie sighed. "You guys probably have some questions,"

"We do but, all that matters is that you're here," Biana smiled and Sophie smiled back. Biana's eyes trailed down Sophie's body and she looked back up. Sophie felt embarrassed. "Y-you seem different,"

And she did- a lot. When I first saw her I felt a tightening in my chest. There was this creeping tingle that ran behind my backbone. My eyes refocus and it becomes much more lucid and more apparent to see. She looked hot. But I'm not trying to come off too strong.

Sophie's feelings felt more confused than embarrassed. "What?"

"Thanks?" Sophie asked questioningly