Chapter 18 - Sophie & Keefe

(Sophie's POV)

I stalk over to Keefe's desk, smiling when I see an unfinished portrait of me and him, hugging. There were pencils and paint scattered everywhere. I sit down at his chair grabbing the folder marked: stuff.

But before I can open the folder I hear Biana's voice- "Sophie?"

I jolt up- Keefe's chair sliding back a few inches. I turn around, my wide eyes adhering to Biana's ones.

"Sophie?" Biana whispers while I look at Keefe, slightly questioning my eyes but he just shrugs.

I rub the back of my ear, moving his chair out of the way to walk over to an awestruck Biana.

"You broke out of Exile?" Biana hides her mouth with her hand.

I press my lips together trying hard not to laugh as I nod.

"Wow, Sophie," Biana wraps her arms around my neck and I cringe as Biana squeezes harder. The side of my neck was just a little swollen from all of Keefe's necking.

And Keefe definitely notices because he flashes his trademark smirk as I cringe again. I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder while Biana still has her arms around me.

Keefe squirms and grabs his shoulder and I smile.

"Wow you stink, Sophie," Biana says as she finally lets go.

I laugh a little despite the fact that my ears are red from humiliation. "Yeah, I guess that's what happens when you don't shower for a year."

Biana laughs. "Well, you could use the shower at Stargaze and borrow my clothes."

Wait- Stargaze?

I look at Biana, bewildered. "What's Stargaze?" I ask, dumbly.

Biana bites her bottom lip and looks at the floor, ashamed while Keefe scratches the back of his neck. "Sophie, Stargaze is Biana and Dex's house. They're uh, married."

My heart diminishes.

Married?

Did I really miss that much because of Exile?

I missed two of my best friend's wedding.

I swallow the lump in my throat. "What else did I miss?" My voice sounds gruff and vulnerable. I chew my bottom lip, hiding it because of its intense trembling.

"Nothing else," Biana says, shaking her head.

I nod, my head dropped so I could wipe my nose with the palm of my hand.

There is this cumbersome silence where I just stare at the floor not meeting Biana's gaze.

I clear my throat, shattering the silence, and looking up. "Can I like... take a shower?" I ask, still being awkward.

"Oh, yeah sure, sure," Biana says, nodding, still not being able to meet my eyes.

I take a deep breath and pull Biana into a hug, pinching my eyes shut. Biana was startled for a minute before hugging me back. "I'm so sorry, Sophie." Biana tears leak onto my tunic.

"It's okay, Bi," I whisper, my eyes still squeezed shut, my head resting on her shoulder. Biana takes a shaky breath before pulling away. I smile and wipe her tears away with my thumbs. She smiles.