Chapter 13 - Sophie

Biana knocked on Fitz's and he instantly opened it like he was waiting for us at the other end.

"Sophie!" Fitz said, his eyes lingering down me before he met Biana's eyes. "Uh, you can go,"

Biana rolled her eyes and grumbled something under her breath. She gave me a quick hug before walking away.

"Uh, come on in," Fitz said as Biana was gone. He stepped aside to let me inside.

I looked around his castle, and the theme seemed to be teal and gold. I turned back to Fitz. "So what did you need to talk about? Other than a tribunal,"

If he's seriously going to apologize over a cup of tea-

"Sophie, I love you,"

I'm rooted in my place.

Stomach twists.

Can't breathe.

My hands fly to my chest.

I stare at Fitz who was less than two feet away from me

"Y-you-" I stutter as Fitz steps forward and looks at me with hopeful eyes

"Do you feel the same?" He asks, curiously.

My voice catches, and I think about Keefe.

All our kisses

His touch

"I-I," my voice lingers off as I look up into Fitz's sumptuous teal eyes. "Y-your a Councillor and I'm unmatchable,"

Fitz flashes his movie star smile and my heart flutters like always. "I'll resign and... I'll fix your unmatchable problem," he reaches down to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear

I gulp.

Keefe

You love Keefe, not Fitz the back of my head screams

"It's tough, Fitz. I'm a murder and I-"

Fitz cut me off by covering his hand over my mouth. "Who cares? Sophie if you're with me- a Vacker- people wouldn't care. If we could be together, we could be the most powerful couple in the world. Golden Boy and the most powerful elf ever seen," Fitz dropped his hand to his sides. "We could have the most powerful kids in existence,"

I kept hearing powerful

And he didn't deny that I was a murder

I love Keefe not Fitz

Before I could even narrow my eyes or think Fitz had his lips on mine.

The kiss came out of nowhere. Fitz had his hand clasped gently into the back of my hair while my hands were at my sides- not daring to kiss back. His lips were nothing like Keefe's; Fitz's are more cold and rough while Keefe's are warm and soft.

Anger boiled deep in my system, as hot as lava when Fitz wouldn't pull away. It churned within, hungry for destruction, and I know it's too much for me to handle.

Fitz notices I'm not kissing back because he deepens it and presses me against him.

I kick his shin- stubbornly

Fitz's let's go and topples back a step holding his leg and he looks up with his teal eyes

My angry eyes are my shield and sword, they are the gathering of clouds for a rainfall you'll never witness, it's impossible