Chapter 19 - Sophie & Keefe

I wake to soft lips on mine. It takes me a moment to process what is happening. I just kiss back but eventually; the person pulls away. "Good Morning, sleepy-head."

My eyes flutter open to see Keefe leaned over me, I can feel my head resting on his arm. I stretch while yawning. "Keefe?"

"Yeah." Keefe leans down to kiss my cheek.

I smile at him before realizing that the sun is barely starting to rise. "W-what time is it?"

Keefe grins. "Well, I don't know but the only reason I woke you up this early is that..." Keefe's voice trails off as his eyes cling to mine. He looks up at me.

I grin while all my sleepiness just vanishes. I press my lips to his. Keefe grins, kissing me back with his hand on my waist. Keefe pulls away to let out a breathy moan. "Dang, babe, who knew you were such a good kisser?" I blush a little. I push my lips against his again not caring that Keefe is grinning.

He pulls away, smirking. "God, Foster. Desperate much?"

My eyes and surprisingly not blush. I guess when I'm with Keefe I don't get embarrassed much. I'm just... confident. "Maybe," I say with a grin.

Keefe laughs before pressing his mouth against mine.

I pull away, smiling and I pull myself to sit upright while my back is feeling strangely sore from sleeping on solid ground. "We slept here?"

Keefe grins, leaning back. "Well, not in that way-"

"Keefe!" I push him with one hand on the shoulder while my face is a little red.

He just laughs. "Sorry. But yeah."

I stand up. "Maybe we should go back inside."

"Wait, babe." Keefe scrambles up. He clears his throat and says. "I think you're cute." He tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear despite the fact his cheeks are red.

I laugh, leaning up to kiss his cheek but my face is nuclear. "You're cute, too." Keefe's eyes cling to mine, like magnets.

"I know. But it's nice to hear it from you."

I melt into Keefe's eyes, he stares back. A little bit of his hair is covering his eyes and I lightly brush it away. His eyes are like... the sky and I'm the bird soaring in them.

Keefe leans in while I close my eyes, he kisses the space between my eyebrows, he lightly kisses both of my eyelids as my lips lightly brush his chin. He whispers, "I love your eyes."

I smile and I slowly open my eyes. I lean up and kiss his hair. I whisper back, "I love your hair."

Keefe gently rests his hands on my waist, smirking a little. He leans to kiss my ear, and I rest my hands on his back, bringing us closer, I rest my head on his collarbone, Keefe's warmth making me feel at home whenever I'm with him. Keefe rests his head on my shoulder. He leans back and I lean back too. "I love your lips."

I smile and I pull his bottom lip down with my thumb. "Me too."

Keefe smiles. He tilts his head and he parts his lips before fitting his lips between mine like puzzle pieces. I bring my hand to cup Keefe's cheek. We pull away from each other and Keefe laughs softly. "If only we had some music."

I laugh a little. "If only."

We lean in again, our eyes closed until Biana interrupts, "There you guys are!" Me and Keefe jump and turn our heads to see Biana running down the bridge- she sounds out of breath. "Thank goodness you guys are together."