Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I'm currently positioned in front of Ate Kirsten's flat door. Colens informed me earlier that my sister is staying here. My cousin saw her earlier in a bakery, and she was with a female companion who called my sister by her real name. When my cousin confirmed that she is my sister, Colens followed her.

Kanina pa akong nagdadalawang isip kung kakatok ba ako o hindi. I don't want to be disappointed if she is not her. At kung siya nga iyon, bakit ayaw niyang magpakita sa amin? Why is she hiding from us?

I blow a loud breath. Iba ang hangin na dulot ng mga nagsasayawang puno ngayon. Kanina pa akong kinakabahan ngunit binabalewala ko lamang iyan. It feels like something horrible is about to happen anytime soon.

The door opened just as I was about to turn around, revealing the woman I have been looking for. Colens is right, she is really here.

We were both surprised to see each other. Ate Kirsten's eyes widened and her lips parted. I tried to read her expression. It was really obvious that she wasn't expecting me at all, but there's something in her face telling me that she was not happy to see me. Or maybe I was wrong? Was I hallucinating when I noticed how her eyes went cold for a second?

"V-Vivienne, h-how did you find-" I did not let her finish her sentence. Instead, I threw my arms around her and hugged her tightly. Naramdam kong nanigas ito sa kanyang kinatatayuan kaya naman hindi agad nakaibo.

Before Khalid and my other friends came into life, I first had an older sister. She was my first best friend, my human diary and my partner in crime. Only God knows how I have been longing to see and embrace her. It's been years since I last saw her, and I couldn't even remember the exact date. Ang alam ko lamang ngayon ay mas nangingibabaw sa akin ang makasama siya kahit ano pang ang rason na marinig

"I missed you, ate!" I uttered with contentment in my voice. Masayang masaya ako na makita siya ngayon.

"I missed you too, Vivienne." She said with a half smile. It was an awkward one too but probably because she wasn't prepared to see me today.

My smile suddenly disappeared. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

"What are you saying? Of course, masaya ako. I was just... a bit shocked." Her voice changed, turning into a joyful sound.

"Uhm, come inside first. Sa loob na tayo mag usap." Ate Kirsten guided me to her apartment. I sat on a small sofa while she remained standing.

I fixed my gaze on her. My sister looked completely different from how I last saw her. She now appears much more lovely and sophisticated. Ate inherited her features from her dad, whereas I resembled both of my parents. She had clear, flawless skin that was delicate enough. Her narrowing nose, full lips, and dark brown eyes are all easily visible. It's true that she had short hair, which gave the impression that she was tall.

"So... how did you find me?" She asked, and remained standing in front of me.

"Some of my friends already saw you but they weren't sure if it was you until Colens found out that it was really you. She showed me your location." I answered.

"Bakit hindi ka nagpapakita sa amin, ate? You lied to me. The last time we talked, you said you couldn't go home yet. How long have you been here?" I asked in confusion. It took a few minutes before she sighed and opened her mouth to speak.

"I've been here for more than a month now, Vivienne. I don't know how to say this but... Dad and I are not on good terms. He asked me to run our company for a short period of time, but I declined. I've been thinking lately... that I want to prove to him that I can establish a reputation for myself without his help. I want to dismiss his claim that I was always a useless daughter." She looked away. Mababakas sa kanyang boses ang pait ng mga salitang binitawan. Tila nahihirapan ito.