Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Good morning, Kleign!" I greeted him cheerfully, addressing him by his second name. My wide smile slowly melted when he welcomed me with his stoic and unreadable aura. He looked like he loathed the whole world and was ready to smash it into pieces.

"Bakit ka pumayag?" Those were the first words that came out of his mouth. I mentally rolled my eyes. I wonder what magic his mom used to make him agree on this.

"Wala man lang good morning, master?" I murmured as I climbed into his car.

"Hindi ako nakikipagbiruan sayo, Vivienne." Magaspang niyang sambit. He waited for me to settle before maneuvering the car.

"I'm not joking either." Pagtataray ko. He didn't ask again so I just remained silent. Baka lalo lang siyang mabwiset pag pinilosopo ko pa siya. I badly wanted to talk to him but the way his jaw clenched, It was so obvious that he dislikes my presence.

I waited for him to speak, but half an hour had passed and there was still nothing. I got tired of his cold treatment, so I decided to open the car stereo without asking for his permission. I was about to sing along with the song when he shut it down, not even letting one song finish.

Napanguso ako. "Damot."

My irritation then quickly faded when I saw the McDo drive thru along the way. My lips formed into a sweet grin with the idea that flashed in my mind.

"Pwede ba tayong dumaan sa drive thru? I'm starving, I forgot to eat breakfast earlier." I asked him with a pitiful tone in my voice. I even held my stomach so my acting would be effective.

He didn't respond. Instead, he just stopped the car. When he didn't ask for what I wanted and just bought me the foods we used to buy in college, I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling. He also paid for it.

Just like the old times.

I giggled like a kid when I tasted the Mc burger. "Gusto mo? I'll feed you."

"I'm full." Matabang niyang sagot. Here I am, glancing at him from time to time but he's not giving it back.

"Sungit." Bulong ko bago muli siyang kinausap. "Buti hindi parin nagbabago ang lasa ng mcdo, ano? I wonder if jollibee still tastes the sa-" He cut me off.

Stupid, Vivienne. How nonsense?

"Can you stop being so nosy, Vivienne?" Iritado niyang usal at sandali akong tiningnan ng pagalit bago ibinalik ang mata sa daan.

"Na-ah. This is a free country, I can speak whenever I want to. At bakit ba ang suplado mo?" Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

"I just don't feel like talking to you." His eyes darkened and his jaw clenched at the same time.

Wow. So if it is not me who's with him right now, he'll speak? Tsk. He clearly doesn't want any interaction with me. Do I look like a talking virus?

"My bad. Pasensya na ha, Godbless!" I sarcastically muttered then pursed my lips. Gusto ko pa sana siyang inisin ngunit sa huli ay ako lamang ang naiirita kaya hinayaan ko nalang na pareho kaming tahimik. Bawi nalang ako mamaya.

We were just enveloped with awkward silence until we finally reached the airport. The scene inside the airplane was still the same. Khalid was seated next to me but it felt like I was with a human rock. He didn't speak and he was showing only one expression. And that was his serious face.

Sinundo kami ng kanilang family driver pagkalapag na pagkalapag namin sa Davao. Sa likod ng puting van kami parehas sumakay. I bet Mang Orlando was curious why we were both quiet at the back because he kept on glancing at the front mirror to check us. I hope he just expected that we're tired, so he won't tell this to lola Linda and lola Isko.