The Hole

~Chapter Thirteen~

The ride to their retreat did not go in peace rather they sought to chortle and mock those who they offended. Ettie could feel the small stout man ride next to them picking at Luther as he rode in silence listening and grunting to whatever they bickered about. Blinded, bound, and trapped between the animal she rode on and Luther Potent there was no escape for her. Henrietta would have to wait until she was able to see just where she was. Luther's arms tightened around her suddenly and the stout man alongside of them gave a grunt. She could feel his eyes on her and it frightened Ettie deeply.

She sensed the trip would go on forever as her eyes began to fall weary from the lack of sleep she had not endured. Her head slumped forward and she quickly tried to sit straighter as she fought to keep herself awake. The blind fold was of no use, as it forced her eyes closed. Ettie felt her head swim once again and she slightly shook it. Without a word, she felt as Luther reached over and pressed his hand over her forehead gently placing Ettie's head against his shoulder. She stiffen as she pushed forward and felt a prickly sensation envelope her.

"Rest." He whispered.

Ettie could not reply of course, so she simply objected by shaking her head and pushed her body forward the best she could. His arm blocked her from making any sudden movement so after struggling with him for a while she gave up and slumped into his arms. A soft chuckle escaped Luther and Ettie felt unpleasant shivers pervade her. Just what would he do with her when they reached their hide out?

After an eternity of waiting Ettie felt the horse come to a halt and Luther slipped from behind her. She had little time to think when she was suddenly pulled down and elevated over his shoulder. Ettie closed her eyes as tightly as she could; fearing the worst as she felt Luther's long strides move quickly through the trees. She felt branches tangle in her hair as he walked through an unknown path.

Setting her down Luther proceeded in taking the blindfold off her eyes. She blinked trying to adjust her blurry vision. The chamber was small, too small in truth, Luther being a tall man had to hunch when he stood. She trembled feeling fear seep into every inch of her body as he turned from her and bent down to rummage through a small chest.

"Please, I beg of you, please unhand me and let me go." She pleaded.

Luther did not reply simply went back to his rummaging and finally stood. He turned to face Ettie and she feared the worst as he inched closer to her and removed the bounds on her arms.

"Here," he muttered.

"Please." She begged once again.

"Do as I say." He interrupted instead.

Ettie looked down to a gown he held in his hand and she quietly took it, her lips pressing into a thin line before she could say thank you.

"This will be your place of privacy, no one other than myself is allowed in here." He went on to say.

Ettie stood, feeling her legs tremble as she too hunched a bit to stand.

"Where...where am I?" she asked.

"No more questions, and don't you think it's a foolish one to ask?" he said.

Ettie looked down to the dirt floor and tried to think of anything to say that could make him consider in keeping her prisoner. Henry's frightened features surfaced as she looked up to find him staring at her, his eyes scanning her from head to toe as if trying to decipher a puzzle.

"Master Potent's son, y-your eldest of brother's...his son has gone missing. I was merely on my way to find him, please, please have mercy and let me go, so that I can retrieve the child." She explained.