Chapter 3: Unmask your Scent

I would not go quietly.

I began trying to squirm and kick, but the hold around me was rock solid. Not even a finger loosened.

The woman from the hallway came into my view. She was tall and slender, but arms muscular and sharp. Her hair was dark almost black and curved flowing down her back. "Quiet girl. Alpha Eric just has some questions."

I still bent and moved trying to escape, but nothing I did helped budge me at all.

The man at my ear spoke again, almost a hum with the husky blown air. "Careful princess. We don't want to hurt you. Just yet anyway."

My joints froze in panic.

"There you go," he purred. "Now keep quiet." And the two turned us back to the lodge. I hovered above the ground as he walked. My eyes went wide when he turned and the bulky Garrett was with them. I hadn't noticed before.

The walk was quiet all to the lodge and the receptionist eyed me still trapped in the person's arms, but allowed the group to walk me back behind her without a fuss. I had hoped she would say something or call police when I was clearly going against my will.

The group followed my same footpath to the tapestry and down a flight of stairs and around a hallway, but went beyond Beta William's door. My eyes watched it as it came in and out of view. They stopped another handful of steps beyond it. The door plaque read:

Alpha Eric

The woman with us knocked and then entered a moment later. The door opened to another office space. This one double the size of the one next door, and well furnished. The desk front and center had a very handsome dark-haired man with neatly trimmed beard, maybe late twenties. His eyes were murky and glared at me. My heartrate immediately picked up in fright.

His sight never left from mine, even when the man who carried me dropped me into a wingback chair in front of the desk. I moved to run back for the door, but before I got half an inch a hand clamped down on my shoulder holding me to the spot. I looked up to who had carried me there and it was a man I had saw at the rehearsal. He was muscular and blonde with long hair in loose curls hanging around his temples. At the rehearsal I had thought he and all the others were extremely attractive, but in this situation he just seemed daunting.

"Who are you?" A strong deep voice. Heavy and commanding.

I turned to the bearded man at the desk. His fingers threaded on the desktop leaning a curious demanding glance to me.  His hands and arms held many straight edged scars that carried up his neck and chin.  I stared at them curiously until the hand on my shoulder tightened to the point of painful and I cringed away from it. "Caroline."

"You're a party guest?"

I nodded.

"Where are you from?" Voice still powerful.

"Seattle," I swallowed harshly.

"What pack?"

"What... pack?" I asked unsurely. My eyes darted around the room to Garrett and the woman as if they'd have the answer.

"Yes. What pack are you from?"

"Pack... pack.. pack..." I breathed to myself. That didn't even make sense. "I wasn't ever in a sorority?" Maybe he meant at college.

"You're a spy. And I want to know for which pack." He wasn't yelling but his heavy aura threatened.

I flicked my head in shock. "I'm not a spy. I'm a vet. I work for Wellsworth RF Veterinary Services. My fiancé owns it."