Chapter Twenty-Eight: Antasha

The darkness around Donovan was filled with chanting as a fiery figure approched a pillar of flame. Dark purple energy crackeled about the figure, as she raised a stave and said words of a unknown tongue.

The flames parted and a massive figure approached her. Bemenah's plan was coming to fruition, the first of the black souls had entered Aederan. 

Dark purple lightning arched downward to strike the towering figure, as he stepped aside for another to enter the world. It  raised its head and howled with glee as rain and wind buffeted its body.

"Come, your master has need of your services, the world awaits your arrival,"  Nine in total, stood before the feminine figure who raised a ruby encrusted staff and slamned it into the ground.

There was a bright flash of ruby light and Bemenah's visage appeared.

"Master, I Antasha, the summoner have summoned the nine and they now stand ready," Antasha said with a malevolent grin.

Abruptly, Donovan awakened and realized he had been watching a vision. Morgan lay asleep next to him and the tent was dark. The king was covered in sweat as he realized that he had been shown what was to come. The vision had to have come from Elliana, as to its importance, Donovan had no doubt.

Quickly, Donovan dressed and left his tent and headed for Brenna's tent. He needed to inform her, of what he had seen in the vision.

"Brenna," whispered Donovan.

There was the sound of rustling from inside the tent. A few minutes later, the tent opened and Brenna appeared.

"Brenna, I have seen a vision and need to discuss it with you. I believe it is a warning sent by Elliana. Something comes and is preparing to strike us," said  Donovan.

The two of them walked to the command tent, where Donovan quickly used a flint and steel to light two brass oil lamps. They quickly seated themselves and Donovan informed Brenna of all he had seen.

"Nine is a symbol of power, that they required a summoner means   they possess formidable power earmarked for this land. They will weild power unseen till now, this will be a terrible battle," Brenna informed Donovan.

"Can we hope to survive the struggle ahead, is there any hope?" asked Donovan.

"The heavens are being rent by dark power as it collides with the power of the light. This is a land of many surprises, great power abides nearby, I can sense its presence. We need to check as to its source, It is an ancient power. There is always room for hope, we shall not waver in our resolve to defeat the enemy," Brenna answered.

A presence entered the tent, to their surprise Aberith entered the tent. "Can you not sense the presense of power nearby? Something await us there, it calls to my inner essence as a balm would soothe my body," asked Aberith.

"In the morning I suggest we seek the power's source and find  out what awaits us there," said Brenna and then informed Aberith about Donovan's vision.

"That Elliana chose Donovan to inform first, tells me that their should be no doubts about the warnings intent. It is also undoubtedly the reason I was awakened and drawn here," Aberith said in a lowered voice.

"I recomend we depart first thing in the morning. We should return to bed and get as much rest as is possible. Something tells me it will be sorely needed, soon," said Donovan.

So Donovan quickly retired to his tent and slid beneath the blankets. With thoughts of the vision fresh in his mind, Morgan's warmth helped ease him into a quiet sleep.

Dawn arrived, with everything obscured by heavy fog, and a heavy dew covered every blade of grass. Without having breakfast, they broke camp and marched into  a large clearing. In the clearing were massive blue pillars of stone, they formed a huge circle around them.