Chapter Twenty-Nine: White Fire

Brenna stretched and stared at the blue sky, knowing that she had questions that could be answered to be answered. answers that could only be answered in Andalar Valley. It was time that she returned to learn more of their ancient history.

There was a whoosh as the tents interior was replaced by a scene of a delicate white bride. Below her, flowed the clear crystal river, as it wound its way around and over small boulders, she never tired of this view.

The figure of Denora stood still waiting to greet her with a smile upon her face. "So, what brings you to Andalar? Is it because you wish to learn to learn more about the Dark Lord?" asked her true mother.

"I have come to seek answers, about Lenoleac and its Sanctified Holy Warriors. We find ourselves thankful to a people we know nothing about," Brenna replied.

"My child, you are seeking knowledge to questions that have no easy answers. She turned away momentarily and silently nodded.
"Follow me, Estelle, Bartles Handsworthe, Seth, and Tanya will be waiting for us," said Denora.

There were three fishermen fishing on the river with long willows rods. They looked so peaceful wading in the stream, one was currently fighting a fish to his net.

Brenna and Denora walked through the garden and past several white tables filled with those eating or drinking. Laughter filled the air, as some  noticed Brenna's presence and nodded in her direction.

"You have built quite a fan club, because of your rise as the one light of Elliana we will never tire of your visits. If anything, you do not visit us often enough," said Denora with a meaningful gaze.

Stepping in the hallowed hallways of Esandore Citadel, Brenna could sense the power of the magic that bound this place. The protecive wards throbbed with great power as they shielded them from any evil.

Denora walked up to the polished cherry-wood door, than knocked and led Brenna inside. Inside was the polished table with seven matching chairs with green cushions.

Already seated were Bartles Hansworth, Estelle, Seth, and Tanya. Before them were three large tomes resting on the table.

"So, you wish to learn about the Sanctified Order of Warriors of Lenoleac. Bartles opened a tome, and read from a passage, "Years ago, before the Great War that drove us to the brink of extinction, there were a number of places of power. Some were vast repositories of the worlds knowledge while others were holy garrisons. All were protected by wards that protected those who served there from the war that followed. A stasis field was placed that protected them from the ravages of time until they were needed," said the jovial bespectacled man.

"The collapse of the sentient species allaiance happened so quickly that many who served were left behind. They were to be summoned to engage and defeat the enemy at a later date. That time, never came and they have rested till you triggered a call to arms," said Bartyles Hansworthe.

"Powerful Wards were placed to protect those serving from the ravages of the war that followed. Those who served at these places were bound by enchantment and have slept undisturbed for thousands of years, waiting to be called to serve," explained Bartles Hansworthe.

"Tell me why you are so curious about an ancient order?" asked Estelle.

"Because that ancient order saved our collective rears in a serious battle. It all began with Elliana impressing upon Donovan a warning in the form of a vision. Aberith, another mage and myself could feel the ebb and flow of great power tugging at our senses, nearby." Brenna explained in detail. "We marched a short distance and discovered a huge circle of blue stones. I discharged a bolt of power at a stone and was subsequently hailed by Commander Samuel Bellington of the Sanctified Order of Holy Warriors of Lenoleac. Shorty thereafter, the enemy attacked us with an army of demons. The order of holy warriors stood beside us in that battle, only through their efforts were the demons finally vanquished."