The Fourth Trial: Pride

Jackie arrived in the garden of pride, looking around to get a better look at her surroundings. The garden was very similar to Echidna's, but flowers were in full bloom all over the place. Jackie eventually reached the place where Typhon was, and she offered Jackie a seat.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Jackie. My name is Typhon, and I am the witch of Pride." The witch said, smiling at Jackie. "Don't worry. I don't have anything dangerous prepared for you. I just want to talk to you." She said, as Jackie breathed a sigh of relief.

"That's a relief...After what happened with the first three trials, it's nice to have a change of pace." Jackie replied. Typhon looked at Jackie, her smile not fading from her face. "So tell me about your memories." Typhon said, confusing Jackie for a moment until she realised what Typhon was talking about.

"I lost count of how many times my pride got me killed. Ever since I was cursed with Return By Death, I have allowed my confidence to cloud my judgement, and I have died because of that. Harmo-Chara was another special case. I thought that I killed her, but then she stabbed me in the stomach, which led to my transformation into Jacqueline Scarlet." Jackie explained, sighing as she clenched her fists.

"I understand what you're talking about, but pride isn't always a gift. My archbishop is a perfect example of what will happen if you let your pride govern everything that you do." Typhon said, as she referenced her archbishop, Natsuki Subaru. "I know that, but it's hard to just move on from something that has been both a blessing and a curse for so long." Jackie replied, her smile fading from her face.

Typhon stood up, as she held her hand out for Jackie, who immediately grabbed it. "I see a bright future for you, Jackie. It may be filled with Hardships, but if you ignore that, you will find that the future is bright for you. Move on from your pride." Typhon instructed, as she opened the portal to the next trial. "Wait...The trial is complete?" Jackie asked, and Typhon nodded, giggling at her reaction.

"I hope that we can speak to each other again in the future, Jackie." Typhon said, and Jackie smiled. "Me too." She said, before she walked into the portal leading to the fifth trial.....The trial of empathy....

To be continued....