The Sixth Trial: Wrath

Jackie arrived in the garden of wrath, and she immediately noticed swords all over the place. This place was obviously meant to resemble a battlefield, a fitting place for the witch of wrath.

"I was beginning to wonder if you would ever arrive. Welcome to my garden." Minerva said, as Jackie sat on a pile of bones, the witch of Wrath sitting on the bones that were directly in front of Jackie.

"I apologise for the lack of comfortable seats. I have a reputation to maintain, Jacqueline." Minerva said, before she began to stare at Jackie. "Hm....I've never sensed someone with so much anger inside of them before....I wonder what caused so much anger to be bottled up inside of you..." She said, as she looked into Jackie's mind, seeing all of the memories that focused on Jackie's anger.

"Interesting....Very Interesting...." Minerva said, as she looked at the confused Jackie. "What's wrong, Minerva?" Jackie asked, and the witch just chuckled. "You do remind me of myself when I was younger. I've learnt to control my anger now but...It's just something to think about." She replied, as she snapped her fingers, summoning Jackie's old main blade, Excalibur Morgan.

"This isn't the real one, Jackie. I just summoned an illusion of it to help me with this trial. This sword has seen a lot of combat." Minerva said, as she held the sword in her hands. "Summon your ice swords. I'm going to see if you really have lost your touch now." She said, as Jackie summoned an ice katana, smiling at Minerva.

"I see that you've eager to begin. Now let's get this over with." Minerva said, as she charged at Jackie. "So you're able to wield Excalibur Morgan?" She asked as she continued to fight with Minerva. "Yes and no. I can wield this illusion of the sword, but I cannot wield the physical version of the weapon. That honour goes to your daughter." Minerva said, as she continued to fight.

When Minerva brought Swan up, this caused Jackie to remember Swan Alter, which made her channel some of her rage into her attacks, managing to wound the witch, but Minerva wasn't shaken, as she managed to plunge the illusion of Excalibur Morgan through Jackie's chest, desummoning the blade and then punching Jackie in the chest, healing her.

"I finally know why your rage is all over the place. It's only triggered when something is brought up that you don't like. Harness it without relying on it being mentioned." Minerva said, as Jackie promised that she would do that for her.

"Very well. You may move into the next trial." Minerva said, smiling at Jackie. "I hope that we see each other again. You seem like a nice person, Minerva." Jackie said, before she walked through the portal. Minerva looked away from the portal as it closed, blushing at the nice comment.

She didn't want to admit it, but she was already developing feelings for Jackie, in the brief amount of time that they knew each other.

To be continued...