The Eighth Trial: War

Jackie arrived in a familiar place from her past, that she didn't think that she would see again. She was inside the office of Tanya Degurechaff, the fuhrer of Germany. "Welcome to my trial, Jackie. It's been a while since we last met each other, hasn't it?" Tanya said, chuckling as Jackie saluted to her.

"Please. Have a seat." Tanya offered, and Jackie obliged, sitting in front of her old commander. "I know that you told me who you were, back in Germany before we fought Scarlet. But it's still a shock whenever I think about it." Jackie remarked, smiling at Tanya.

"I know, but let's talk about your thoughts." Tanya suggested, as the office faded away, and then Tanya's form shifted into the form that she had when she died, a hole in her chest too. "Do you remember this day, when being X plunged his fist through my chest?" Tanya asked, and Jackie nodded. "This influenced you to start an unjust war against all vampires, and this was a very dangerous path to take." She warned, and Jackie sighed.

"I'm sorry, Tanya. I wasn't in my right mind on that day. When you died I was left with 3 children. It's only thanks to megumin that I didn't go completely insane." Jackie said, and Tanya placed a hand on her cheek. "You did what you had to do. A wise king never seeks war, but they must always be ready for it. You did what any leader would have done in the face of war, and I commend you for that. Now go and proceed to your next trial." Tanya said, as a door appeared next to Jackie. "I'll see you soon, Jackie." Tanya said, before Jackie kissed her on the lips.

"I'm counting on it! Goodbye, sweetie." Jackie said, as she walked through the portal with a smile on her face.

To be continued...