The Ninth Trial: Destruction

Jackie arrived in the next garden that resembled the ruined Sakurami City police station, and she immediately realised who she was dealing with. "Well look what the cat dragged in!~ Hello Jackie!" Ninth said, smirking at her old friend.

"Oh yeah...You're a witch of sin. I almost forgot. Hello, Ninth." Jackie replied, rolling her eyes as she sat in front of Ninth. "I am the witch of Destruction, Jackie. Have you already forgotten about that? What a shame~" Ninth said, and Jackie groaned in response.

"Let's just get this over with, please." Jackie said, rolling her eyes as she stared at her.

Ninth snapped her fingers, the garden fading from the police station into the centre of Sakurami city. "You enjoyed the survival game. You took pleasure in the deaths of the other diary owners. If you couldn't get to them, then you would destroy anything that stood in your way. It took all of your strength just to allow for Yuno to fight Sephiroth on her own." Ninth said, berating Jackie because she kept all of that destructive power bottled up for so long.

Jackie growled at Ninth, who rolled her eyes at this pathetic attempt to frighten her. "You know that I'm right, Jacqueline. Admit it." Ninth said, another growl escaping Jackie's lips.

"Fine. I admit it. I enjoyed every moment of it. I may not have fought them all, but I know that it was worth it. I became a god, at the cost of Yuno's life. But I'm a better person because of it. I'm a changed person, Ninth. I know that for sure." Jackie admitted, a smile forming on her face as she felt a weight being lifted from her shoulders when she said that.

"I think that we are done here, then. Proceed through the portal to your next trial. Good luck." Ninth said, as she sent Jackie through the next portal, watching as it closed behind Jackie.

To be continued...