The Tenth Trial: Blood

Jackie appeared in an endless forest, as blood rained down from the sky. She tried to figure out who the witch was just from these details, but she had no luck. She walked throughout the forest, eventually stumbling upon another table with two chairs surrounding it, but the witch was nowhere to be seen.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" Jackie called out, hoping that the witch would show herself. "Welcome to my garden, Jacqueline Scarlet~" A female voice said, as a pale skinned vampire with grey hair and a Lolita dress walked out of the shadows. "Who are you?" Jackie asked the vampire, who licked her lips at her.

"I am the witch of blood, but you may call me by my real name, Shalltear Blood-Fallen~" The witch said, smiling at Jackie. "You're from the great tomb of Nazarick, aren't you? You're one of the floor guardians." Jackie asked, and Shalltear nodded. "I am the floor guardian of the first three floors of the great tomb of Nazarick." She replied, pouring a cup of coffee for Jackie, a small bit of Shalltear's own blood mixed in.

Jackie drank the coffee, admiring the taste of it as she looked at Shalltear. "So what will we be doing in this trial?" Jackie asked, as Shalltear smiled at her. "Your eagerness is admirable, Jacqueline. I have a question for you." She said, as she poured another cup of her special coffee for Jackie.

"Sure. What is it?" Jackie asked, drinking her cup of coffee. "You have been known for your very impressive kill count over the past few millennia. Has that status ever gone to your head? Have you ever been on the brink of insanity because of your lust for blood?" Shalltear asked, smiling at Jackie as she tried to think about what Shalltear asked.

"I've rarely let my lust for blood control my actions. The closest I've ever been to that is when I was fixing Raphtalia up when I performed surgery on her. When her blood was all over the place, I had to stop myself from draining her blood. It's thanks to Rem that I didn't do anything that I would regret." Jackie said, a concerned expression appearing on Shalltear's face.

"Have you regained control now though?" Shalltear asked, sighing as she prepared to open the next portal. "I believe so. I've always mixed blood into my coffee, so I think that I'll be ok." Jackie said, and Shalltear smiled softly at her. "Alright then. Echidna is waiting for you. Good luck!" Shalltear said, smiling warmly at Jackie. "Be sure to visit Nazarick someday! You seem like a good person, Jackie!" Shalltear said, and Jackie nodded, giving her a thumbs up in response.

"Goodbye, Shalltear." Jackie said, as she entered the portal to the Garden of Greed.

To be continued...