The Seventh Trial: Sloth

Jackie arrived on an island that was the shape of a crescent moon, an endless ocean surrounding the island as she realised what her trial was. She arrived at the table where Sekhmet was, and she noticed that the witch was fast asleep on her chair.

"Excuse me? Can you wake up? I have a trial to do." Jackie asked the witch, who groaned as she looked at Jackie. "What do you want?" Sekhmet asked, yawning as she looked at the vampire that was in front of her. "Didn't Obsession tell you why I was coming? I need to do the witch trials." Jackie replied, sighing as the witch nodded. "I'm sorry. I'm just so tired...." She said, and Jackie sighed. "I'll make this quick. I felt like I've always been too slow to prevent bad things from happening, like the death of Yuno and Tanya...." Jackie said, and Sekhmet placed her hand on her shoulder.

"It's more likely that you didn't see it coming. I can't expect that you will always be ready for an ambush of a noble sacrifice. You just need to try." The witch suggested, as she smiled at Jackie. "I will make sure that I follow your advice, Sekhmet." Jackie replied, as she then saw the next portal opening for her.

"Then our work here is done, Jackie. Good luck on your next trial." Sekhmet Said, smiling at Jackie. "Goodbye, Sekhmet." Jackie said, before she entered the portal to the next trial.

To be continued...