Chapter Two: Authority

(Author's Note: This story is being dual-uploaded here, and on Fanfiction.net! Artwork and additional media will be presented in this story to add towards its presentation. If you like the story, please continue supporting it by favoriting and following me!)

"S-Satel—!" Subaru's mouth was immediately covered by the Witch.

"Don't...! Say it...!" she immediately exclaimed back, before looking behind her, towards the centerpiece of the market "That fountain... behind us... let's sit... okay?"

"...Alright." Subaru quietly responded, feeling uneasy with her being in public, as they walked towards a bench in front of the fountain.

Upon sitting, Subaru took notice of how indifferent everyone around them were. They were minding their own business—

Subaru felt a weight on his shoulder, and turned to see Satella resting her head on it. She was giving deep breaths, only proving how tired the witch was.

"Hey... are you alright?" Subaru finally asked her, and she gave a small giggle.

"I wasn't lying... when I said I only had... so much mana." she slowly opened her eyes, placing a hand on her heaving chest, "I'm just... going through some mana withdrawal... Just gimme a few minutes."

"Ah... is that so...?" Subaru suddenly felt a bit guilty, asking her to use up so much of her strength for his request, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Mm-hmm..." Satella hummed, before reaching for his hand, "Hold my hand, Subaru-kun..."

"O-okay...?" Subaru nervously reached for it, remembering how Beatrice sucked his mana in the first visit, "Are you going to drain my mana? —I don't mind if you do, just let me know—" Subaru quickly corrected himself to sound braver.

"Nope." she giggled at his behavior, "I just wanna hold your hand. Your hand's pretty soft, Subaru-kun~."

"Oh—Ah, yeah! I've, uh... been told that before." Subaru's face lit up at her answer, as he looked away to hid it.

A few moments pass, and Subaru watched the girl's breaths become less ragged. He also felt the texture of her hands, and couldn't help but feel like her skin was just as smooth as velvet.

In fact, a lot about Satella was just like Emilia — her voice, hair, skin... so much about them were similar. If he ignored the obvious difference, it was like he was on a date with Emilia-tan! —

"...So rude..." Satella's face scrunched up, as she gave him the stink eye, "Thinking about another girl while you're with me, have some class Subaru-kun." She said his name in an insulting manner.

"Ah! I'm sorry, that's...!" Subaru was quick to defend himself, before noticing the elephant in the room, "Wait, Satella... did you just read my mind!?"