Chapter Ten//I did it for love.

Life has been hell since I've been here, I mean I'm not being tortured, or threatened of being killed here but its dumb. 

I'm here to help with getting rid of Azegda they have me dress in their clothes and spy on them so when I get caught I look like a scout. I honestly don't know how I feel about this but I said I would help and this was the only way I could. I think. Lexa was hesitant at first but then she came to her senses and let me go.

I couldn't die after all. 

I made my way past what the Sky people call the seventh sector which they have divided up the land around them into something called sectors, it's a measurement used to divide up space. I made way past that and began the trek to the Azegda nation border. I was instructed to sit there for hours in case something happened sun up until sun down. I mean it's not like I had anything better to do than this. I stayed there as instructed and watched I heard war drums they were coming. Dammit. I needed to leave now so I could make it back to Lexa in time. I bolted feeling a sharp pain in my right shoulder.

"No time to look. Don't look. Don't look. Dammit you looked." 

An arrow found its way into my right shoulder. I didn't have to focus and stop the pain I kept running a plunge surged through my left shoulder. They were in the trees. Fuck

I didn't have time to try and spot them I kept running as fast I could, not caring what would happen if I didn't take care of these wounds. They hurt like a bitch but I couldn't stop. I stop they die. I stop they die. They will die. 

I ran faster, my legs carrying me smoothly through the woods not tripping over anything being careful of everything as much as I could. I was scared I won't lie. Lexa's people were in danger. Lexa was in danger. Dammit. Lexa.

I ran faster, my speed upping every time I would think of what they'd do to her. 

I finally met it to polis, I stopped for a second being greeted by Octavia. There are three arrows in my left shoulder and four on my right. I saw Anya and Lexa talking before looking over to see me. they both rushed over to me. 

"What the hell happened?" Anya asked looking at me with shock.

"I-I heard war drums and came as fast as I could." I stuttered looking behind me. "I don't know if they are coming or not but I thought it was important to rush back incase something happens so I'd be back before them." 

"Alright." Lexa spoke starring at my arms. I had Octavia push them through. "Y/N, we will go back to the border you and I. Anya and Octavia I trust you can keep Polis under control." she spoke quickly. 

"Lexa. Your people." I said looking at her.

"I'm hopping you can protect me." she said glaring at me.

I nodded and led the way. "Lexa they are in the trees." I said quietly, we were watching where we stepped making sure that we didn't make a sound. Lexa coming with me was a stupid idea but I couldn't argue it because she is too stubborn. 

We walked for hours until we finally made it to the border, the big grassy field was filled with Azegda soldiers. "Fuck." I muttered. 

"You were right in coming back." she said looking at the crowd of people chanting. "We must be heading back." she said turning around I grabbed her arm.

"No. Lexa we need to stay here."

"What are you talking about?" she growled at me. 

"If we leave we'll run into scouts, you'll die." I said looking at her with concern. 

"We-"

"No. We can watch from here. I have Raven's walkie I'll call if anything happens." I said holding it up showing her. "Lexa, if you die."