Epilogue

Clarke had been tended to the nightly duties, seeing as her mother scolded the young blonde "You are not in charge here Clarke," those words rang through her head like a song she couldn't forget. She wanted to be in charge but she needed to show she had what it takes to be.

Clarke was always careful when it came to being outside, ever since they landed on the ground. The grounders never made it easy for them, except Lexa. Lexa made it easy and Clarke was grateful for that. 

So when the camp announced the grounders had been removed and it was time for them to hunt their own food, Clarke volunteered to go. Help her people. 

A large group went out, only around fifty or less, Clarke was determined to help her people. Just like Lexa would do, Lexa was a damned good leader, Clarke wanted to be more like her. Nobody ever questioned her, well everybody except Y/N. Y/N was different though, she saw what went on behind the scenes with the younger commander. 

Clarke knew Lexa would fall in love with Y/N, those nights Lexa went to Clarke were only to get her mind off the young girl, all were failed attempts. And Clarke knew that, she knew before Lexa did that she was in love. She was upset it took Lexa so long to realize and she almost lost Y/N in the process. 

Lexa had a heavy head sometimes and it showed, but when it came to her people she never failed to make a wise choice. 

So Clarke went into those dark woods, with nothing but the chilly night air to comfort her and the moon. How many nights she saw it up close, it was more beautiful to see it farther away. It was funny really how much Clarke thought of the moon and stars and comfort, night was all Clarke knew for her seventeen first years. 

Seeing the bright blue sky for the first time not only confused but amazed the young soon to be leader. But that didn't mean she replaced it with night, she still enjoyed the dark. 

Clarke had heard noises all around her, she just assumed it was the others, they weren't very quiet. Or animals she got ready to attack. But then there were two sets of footsteps, she called out. No answer. Again she called out. No answer. She walked around for awhile and saw every single person that went on the hunt lying on the ground, she began to run, she needed to warn her people. 

She didn't make it far, in fact she never would've made it out of those woods that night. Clarke was unaware that she set a trap for herself that night going out. Clarke was an added bonus. Nicolas would be pleased Emerson thought throwing the blonde over his shoulder after hitting her in the head with the butt of his rifle. 

Great. 

Guys I decided to write a second book so here is a snippet, this book did better than I ever expected so since you guys have been nothing but supportive I figured that you deserved a second book.

You guys let me know that it was my choice so I figured I should feed the poor. Here you guys go. There is going to be a storm in the next book so just be prepared!

bye hoes xoxo💚