Chapter 1

As I sit on my window sill staring out at the stormy night sky, I feel so at peace with myself and my delicious mug of hot chocolate, there's always something about stormy and rainy days that calms me. As another lightening strikes across the sky, there is something that catches my attention through the trees not too far away from my house. As I sit up and squint to see what it could possibly be bad another lightening flashes, I see quick movements. One dash after the other seemingly there's a chase of some sort in my backyard, but what are they?

I make a dash downstairs to my back door to take a closer look and I'm alarmed by loud Thurs, snarls followed by the loudest howl I have ever heard in all my life.... Wolves?

It seems as though they're fighting, a few against one, but the lone wolf is massive! Somehow I feel compelled to help it, I have no idea why... So against my better judgement I run for my bow and arrow (side hobby) and I walk as quietly as I could towards them... I watch as the 3 smaller wolves circle the larger one... Waiting for the right moment to pounce at it... I take aim... Steady my breathing and take my first shot.
I hear the wolf cry out and drop them I run to another tree and take aim again as I see all the other wolves distracted trying to find me.. again I loose another arrow hitting the second wolf mid jump straight through the heart, the third wolf after seeing this decides to make a run for it.
In all my stupidity I walk out from the covers of the tree I was hidden behind to the lone wolf... I approach slowly, watching him raise his head and slowly sniff the air then turn sharply at me and I freeze mid step and raise my hands so show I'm not a threat.

I see it sit back and slightly way it's tail at me as it stares at me intently. I can see that it's wounded heavily, as I reach it I crouch down to face it directly and say... "Good wolfy I'm not going hurt you okay" and as insane as it sounds, I could swear he nodded slightly at me.
I inspected his injuries and stood up and asked him to follow me, not at all expecting him to stand and limp towards me in full understanding.
We got to my backyard and I ran inside for my largest towel to dry him up, once that's done I lead him inside to tend to his injuries. I once again approach slowly with disinfectants and bandages and he stares at me almost lovingly......odd but I shrug it off and begin cleaning his sounds and bandaging him up. I sit back and look at this humongous black wolf in my home and I am not at all afraid.

I tilt my head and look at him and he does the same and I can't help but smile at him and say... Aren't we a cutie pie to which I got a playful growl followed by tail wagging. I reached out to him slowly and I see him stare at me then at my approaching hand and close his eyes, once I make contact a bolt of electricity run up through my hand and shoots through my body and I can't help but jump back and yelp! By then the wolf is looking intently at me. I reached out at him again to ensure it wasn't my imagination and sure enough, the bolts flew through me again...but they felt .... Good? I must be losing it.
I get up and walk into my kitchen to make us something to eat, he followed me and lay by the kitchen entrance watching me work my way around the kitchen. I placed his plate of juicy stake in front of him while I eat by him with my pasta 🍝 and we both ate...
I heard my phone ringing in the other room and got up and ran to answer, I saw it was my boyfriend and answered.

Me: hey

Greg: hey babe

I turn quickly after hearing a low growl from the wolf and I watch him as our conversation ensues

Me: how was your flight?

Greg: long and uneventful as per usual, I'm just getting settled before I head to my first meeting so I thought I'd give you a quick call before heading out.

Me: okay, I appreciate that.. so I won't keep you, talk to you later okay?

Greg: Okay babe, (growl) what was that?

Me: The Tv ( I lie )

Greg: chuckling ... another horror movie huh Babe... anyway, I'm gonna go, sleep well when you do and I love you.

(rwarrrrrrrrr)

And I step back slightly alarmed by the wolf's odd behavior and once he sees this he calms down and stares at me as if to hear what my response will be.

Greg: are you still there?

Me: yes, take care of yourself and don't talk to strangers... iloveyoutoo
I speed talk and hurriedly hang up before the wolf could pounce at my phone and pull my hand away and attempt to run but he stops me with a sad sad whimper that tugs at every fiber of my being.

He stares at me looking heartbroken and I don't know why But I feel the urge to hold him, and that's precisely what I do, feelings the sparks flow through me as I hug him and he places his paw over my back as if to hug me too. I am silently blown away by this animals obvious knowledge and understanding. I begin to talk about Greg and I. Meeting when I was at a low point in my life and he helped me stand on my feet again as a good friend and we decided to give dating a try, but if we ever found anyone we preferred we would let the other know. Greg however sleeps around and he doesn't know that I know. I am okay with it because he's a man with needs that I am unwilling to provide unless I'm married and neither of us are ready for that as yet.

He sits and listens to me then gives a slight nod of understanding, I raise up to collect over plates and then head up to get ready for bed, e follows me and lays on the floor by the bed. I undress and hear a slight growl and see the wolf now standing and staring at me with a look i cant quite explain and his eyes shifting colors and he slowly walks towards me which result in me taking steps back into my bathroom and closing the door.

what was that? lust? my goodness... after my shower and brush my teeth, get dressed and head into my bed to which I feel the bed dip greatly with the weight of the wolf and I quickly doze into the best sleep I've ever had.