Chapter 1: Thief and the Handicap

Cinder's P.o.V: age 11, Y/n: age 9

It has been two years since me and Y/n had been wandering thru the Remnant. When I first met Y/n, he didn't really know a lot of things. He didn't really know about simple stuff. He didn't know about feelings and being mean or nice. Hell he didn't know anything of his past. In fact he didn't really know about personality as his face is always emotionless and always has a cold tone. 

So we made a neutral agreement, we both survive together if he taught me how to fight. While I teach him about life long stuff. Every once in a while we would spar a bit. Surprisingly all the grimm around us would look at Y/n in fear and run away. I repeat. A 9 year old Kid makes grimm tremble in fear. Well he can be pretty terrifying especially with his semblance. 

He seems to have the power of the shadow and darkness. But no matter what situation we are in when we fight. I swear I can hears what I can assume is a child's scream.

Thru the past years I guess you can say Y/n has changed..he is not as heartless as he used to be. But his tone of his voice has not changed, but at least he knows about what's good and what's bad.

We are right now in kingdom of Mistral, looking for a place to stay for the night. I turn around and look over to ash gray haired friend.

"Okay Y/n I'm going to look to find a motel. You go buy some supplies okay?"

Y/n: *blinks twice before walking away* "Okay.."

I sigh. "Well at least their is less argument I guess.." *I watch Y/n walk to the market place, causing me to smile a bit.* "I am really glad I met you.." *I soon walk off to the find a motel room.*

Y/n P.o.V:

I quietly wander thru in the store to buy some bandages, food, and get our extra change of clothes cleans, and some extra supplies. As I finished purchases and I walked out the store, only for someone to bump into me. 

Girl voice: "Hey watch it!" *I look over to see a long haired Green haired tan skinned girl glaring at me.* Well aren't you going to apologize jerk!"

I just look at the girl only to give her a stare which she started to look scared.

"Leave...now or I will kill you.." *The girl freaks out and runs off terrified I walk off and I feel my pocket feeling lighter.* "....more work...great.."

??? P.o.V:

I was sneak inside me and my partner's hideout. I look around and put down some of my stolen goods on a nearby table. "Some food, A bunch of wallets and some more bandages. I guess it's something.." *I look around* "Hey Mercury you still hear?" 

Mercury: "Hang on I'm coming." *I hear the sound of a wheel chair coming toward me and I see my handicapped friend smiling to me.* "Hey you're back early Emerald."

I sigh: "Yeah the last guy I robbed creeped me out. Too bad he was didn't noticed I robbed hi-"

3rd P.o.V:

Y/n suddenly behind Emerald from the darkness and puts his hand on Emerald's shoulder which causes both Mercury and her eyes to widen in horror.

Y/n: "Can I have my wallet back now?"

Emerald jumps into Mercury's lap and  they both scream out of terror. Y/n just blinks twice seeing his wallet. He picks it up and looks over to the others.

Y/n: "Okay I'm going to go now.." *Y/n turns and walks away before grabbing Emerald's hand looks at her with a dead cold stare.* "What are you doing?"

Emerald: *pulls her hand back rubbing it* "I stole that fair and square give it back!" *thinking* 'What the hell his hand is so ice cold...like a frozen corpse...' 

Mercury: *threatening tone* "How the hell did you find us or get inside the door was locked?!"

Y/n: *points to a open door* "The back door was open...."

Emerald and Mercury grow silent before Mercury looks over to Emerald.

Mercury and Emerald : (In order)

Y/n blinks twice before walking away from the two.

Emerald: "Hold it! We aren't done with you!"

Suddenly the air starts to thicken and Emerald and Mercury eyes widen in horror. As Y/n's aura begins to surround him. He turns to look at the two with a dead ass cold stare. A dark thin shadowy bone like claw creeps up the two's face. One causes Emerald to get a cut which makes her bleed. Needless to say they were terrified. But before it could get worse. Y/n felt someone hugging him from behind.

Cinder: *calm tone* "Shhh calm down Y/n... It's okay...." Y/n looks at Cinder for a moment only to sighs and releases his aura.

Y/n: "Sorry...how did you find me..."

Cinder: "I felt your semblance activating..I couldn't find a motel to stay in...sorry..."

Y/n: *calm emotionless tone* "It's okay..." 

Cinder: "You shouldn't really use your semblance...around people. You said yourself you didn't like your semblance..."

Y/n: "Sorry...I worried you.."

Cinder pats her companions head and gives him a reassuring smile.

Cinder: "It's okay.." *looks over to the terrified Emerald and Mercury.* "Now mind telling why you are with these two?" 

Y/n points at Emerald: "She stole my wallet..."

Cinder walks over to Emerald and gives and then notice Mercury who had no legs.

Cinder: "Sorry about my friend, he is still learning...but don't steal from him okay?" Emerald nods trying to calm down. "I'm Cinder Falls and that's my partner Y/n...what's your guys name?"

Emerald: "O-oh...I-I'm Emerald Sustrai and the guy in the wheel chair is Mercury Black.."

Mercury: "Sup."

Cinder: "Well it's nice to meet you two..Say can we stay here with you two?"

Emerald: "What?"

Cinder: "Yeah I mean me and partner need a place to stay for the night and since you stole from my partner. I say it's an even trade. Deal?"

She holds her hand out for handshake. Emerald and Mercury look at each other and then look back at her.

Emerald: "As long as you keep Y/n was it? Away from us..."

The three look over to Y/n who is in the darkness giving them a creepy cold look.

Cinder: "Deal." *The two of them handshakes each other. Later the 4 kids eat their dinner when Y/n suddenly hugs Cinder from behind causing her to blush* "Y-y/n what are you?"

Y/n: "Warm...." *He slowly falls asleep hugging her still. She smiles and pets Y/n's head. She looks at Emerald and Mercury who are looking her confused.*

Mercury: "You have a strange friend..."

Cinder: "Yeah..but he's my friend.."