Chapter 7: Slicing up Carrots

Y/n P.o.V: 

I was currently walking up to the cafeteria with my new team. Light Narukami, Rosa Orchid, and Ash Mizukareu. Thru this short time of unpacking, I was able to analyzed my teams personality. Light was much more a jolly person with Electric semblance. But he seems for of a goof than anything but I can potential on him. Rosa is a bit odd..she seems a bit of naughty....and sassy person. But she means well, it makes since she is a snake faunus and all. Judging by her semblance from earlier she seems have chlorokinesis. The control over plants. The two seems really skilled but the only one that hasn't shown his potential is Ash. He seems to be timid and..a bit too young to be here. But I can sense he has potential, his semblance is a true mystery however. Also I cannot shake the feeling I have met him before....I shouldn't know him...like Weiss...strange.

Anyways we were currently walking toward back to the cafeteria. Light walks up to me smiling.

Light: "Dude you are going love the grub over here! It really good trust me!" 

"....okay..."

Rosa: *nervous tone* "You know you can try to pretend to care."

I look at her: "This is me caring...." 

Rosa: *Light and Ash stop and just look at Y/n* "Okay....." 

The new team walks into the cafeteria and grabs their lunch, they look around to find a free table. 

Ruby: *waves her hand smiling* "Hey guys!" *I look over to Ruby smiling* "Over here!" 

The group walks over to Ruby and her team and sits next to them.

Ruby: "So how do you like Beacon so far, Y/n?"

Y/n: *looks over Ruby* "It's......okay I guess." *I begin to eat my meal I have to admit  the food taste decent...I guess* 

Yang: "Okay..so where are you from? Vacuo? Vale? Mistral? Atlas?"

Y/n: *looks at her then looks at the food keep eating* "I .....don't know...I've been traveling by foot and boat most of my life..." 

Light: "Wait so? You don't have a home?" *this causes concerned look at me* 

Y/n: *sighs* "I don't any thing of my past.....all I remember is being cold, alone....and betrayed..." *They look at Y/n with concerned on their faces*

I notice Ash not around I suddenly hear laughter behind me. I look back and I see some orange haired idiot and his cohorts surrounding Ash and a familiar Rabbit Faunus. I can hear them taunting them and honestly.....that make me fucking pissed.

3rd P.o.V:

Ash: *scared tone* "L-leave u-us a-alone C-cardin!"

Cardin: "Aw is the little baby scared!"

Russel: "Man what a coward!"

Cardin pulls on Velvet's ear causing her to scream in pain tears run down her face. 

Velvet: "Let go!" *cries as as she holds her ear*

Team RWBY, Rosa and Light watch from the distance. Light gets up from his seat and clenches his fist in anger.  Blake puts her hand on his shoulder. He looks at her. 

Blake: "Light I-"

Suddenly Cardin's scream fills the air with a loud crack. The group look over to see Cardin back up holding his broken arm and Y/n standing in front of CRDL with a death glare. His teammates runs over to their leader checking he's okay.

Cardin: 'FORGET ME GET HIM!"

 Russel, Sky and Dove runs over at Y/n, which Y/n passes the three kicking and seconds later they are launched thru the cafeteria walls. Y/n walks over to Cardin with a pissed off look on his face. He swiftly legs sweeps him off the ground. He grunts in pain which soon his grunt turns into scream as Y/n stomps down his leg which the sound of bones breaking filled his room.

Y/n: "...........If you ever do that again...and I won't be so merciful this time...got it?"

Cardin nods shaking in fear. Y/n walks off him and looks over to one of the students.

Y/n: "Someone get the school nurse for the dumb carrot..." 

They nod over and they run out. He then looks over to his team member and Velvet.

Y/n: "You okay Ash?"

Ash: "U-um y-yeah...s-sorry...I'm just.." *Y/n puts his hand on Ash's shoulder he looks up and to see Y/n give....a reassuring smile* 

Y/n: "It's alright...you are no burden you're my team member. " *looks over to the scattered food and tray* "Looks like you don't have anything to eat." *Ash looks down before Y/n pats his back* "Go sit with the others..I'll take care of something." *Ash nods ansd walks over to the other table. He look over to Velvet and rubs her ear.* "You okay Bunny?"

Velvet: *blushes* "I'm okay..t-that's 2nd time I owe you..Y/n." 

Y/n: *pats her head smiling and pulls his hand away* "Let's just say we are even." *He walks over to the cafe staff* "Go to Coco and your team. I be they are worried about you."

Velvet smiles as Y/n walks off to the front. 

Rosa: "Hey! Velvet!" *Velvet turns around* "Do you and Y/n know each other?"

Velvet: *smiles* "Yeah. Y/n helped me and my team out and killed all the grimm in the area. That why me and my teams are here early."

Ruby: "Really he did that?"

Velvet: "Yeah!"

Light: "But doesn't he seem you know weird..."

Velvet: "That's just how he is- a guy who sounds like hehas no emotion..but he's not heartless. He's a good heart. He's a good heart but there was one thing that surprised me tho."

Yang: "What?" 

As they were talking and Ash looking down from the table, when a tray is place in front of him with two large spicy Chicken Parmasan Hero, some french fries, chocolate cake and a soda.

Ash looks up to see his leader sitting down in front of him cutting the sandwich in half and handing him one of the halfs.

Y/n: "You going to watch or are you going to help eat this sandwich?"

Ash's eyes widen as he then take that sandwich and they both eat together. The other smile at the two as Velvet says.

Velvet: "This is the first time I seen, Y/n made a genuine smile."