First Week

KARA'S POV

It's been a week since Lena joined. A week of her staying in our room. A week of her studying almost constantly. A week of her going to bed late and waking up early. A week of her being polite, but not quite friendly.

She seemed lonely, I tried to invite her to come with me and my friends sometimes, but she's always working, or going out for runs. She doesn't do much else. I think I caught her singing in the shower once, but she denied it. She was blushing though, so I'm pretty sure she's just shy about it. It sounded really good though, her voice is beautiful. I haven't heard it since, it's like she won't let herself open up to anyone. She doesn't trust anyone. She just studies and exercises and sleeps. She doesn't go to parties, or sit with people at lunch, pick up a book that isn't a textbook. She doesn't have fun or relax, ever. 

She doesn't express herself. If she did, I'm one hundred percent certain she'd be awesome. She seems like she'd know all the best tricks and tips, secretly knows the lyrics to any and every song I could think of, and she'd be amazing at game nights; Sanvers and the superfriends.
__

A while back, my interest in Superman sparked a conversation. One of those ones where it's all what-ifs and secret plans, and to anyone else it would sound like gibberish.

We imagined ourselves as superheroes. A subject I should have backed away from, but I couldn't help myself. James was the hero who beat up the bullies, Winn was the computer mastermind, Alex and Maggs were the badass bosses who took down criminal masterminds, and I was the muscle and hope. That's kind of my thing. I have the heart of a hero, that's what my mother always said.
__

Anyway, I just wish Lena would open up a little more. I mean, I know who she is, where she's from, and all the drama on her family. But I haven't got anything on her. All I know is life must have been hard for her. Growing up with and as a Luthor couldn't have been the easiest.

My nosey curiosity is definitely getting the better of me, and perhaps its none of my business, but, I just want to know who she is. Like what her favourite: game, song, movie, show, actor, colour, food is. The things that make her her. The things that she likes. I wanna know who her friends are, and what they're like. I wanna know what her favourite game as a child was. I wanna know all about her and her childhood imaginary friend's adventures. I wanna know if she likes blueberries in her pancakes, or if she likes the same chocolate cake I do. I wanna know everything there is to know. And I get the feeling I'd love every second of hearing about it. All those happy childhood secrets we would keep from our parents and family. Those little things you've forgotten but you have a key or note or picture to prove its existence.

I wanna know all of hers.